Mainly responsible for all UNIX based system administration, security, and off-site tape retention serving all of our 700+ retail and temporary store locations.
- OS and hardware level support for our local and remote Red Hat Linux, Fedora, Debian, OpenSolaris, and AIX systems (75 servers) including
- Problem determination, root cause analysis, and remediation
- Storage administration and allocation
- User account management including adding/deleting and access controls.
- Software installation, patching, performance tuning, and configuration
- Created and automated various server health check tools for on and offsite monitoring
- Create and maintain local documentation with regard to everything UNIX, such as serial numbers, contracts, rack location, installed hardware type, OS versions, installed memory, etc
- Daily, quarterly, and yearly server auditing for both PCI and SOX compliance as well as OS security review and patch management
- Implement new change control migrations and upgrades when needed
- Assist in business continuity planning and yearly disaster recovery exercise
- Aid local development teams with the maintenance and upkeep of various Party City related websites
- Document and proceduralize repeating requests automating when possible
- Coordinate with external teams and vendors as needed for problem resolution and annual maintenance contracts and support
- 24/7/365 on-call support for all UNIX related production issues
- Provide end user support as needed for any Unix related challenges