International Business Director (last)
Star One S/A
Multinational company established in 2000, by Embratel (80%) and SES-Global (Société Européenne des Satellites – 20%). Operating a fleet of 5 geostatic satellites (latest launch – Satellite C2, in Apr/08). Strong annual revenues of R$ 400 million.
Broadband Service Director: Hired in 2001 with the mission of establishing a 2nd Business Unit, focused on broadband access service and Corporate Networks, via satellite.
Satellite Solutions and Broadband Director: Since May/06, the Broadband Business Unit engaged in new roles – be responsible for all satellite-solutions of Star One, Embratel and Telmex-LatAm. Direct responsibility and management on product/service development, sales, technical-operational projects, business development and also after-sales activities.
International Business Director: Invited in May/08 to take charge of a new Area, being responsible for the Company’s expansion in Latin America.
- Throughout the first 6 years of operations, the new Business Unit presented a CAGR Net Revenues of 36% and P&L with positive EBITDA since 2005.
- In 2007 the Satellite Solutions and Broadband Unit was responsible for 16% of total Net Revenues of Star One, with steady gradual growth projections to 40% by the end of 2012.
- Direct participation in conquering new important national clients such as Boticário, ECT, Banco do Brasil, Accor Group and AMBEV, among others.
- Direct participation in conquering the GESAC Project (the largest public initiative of digital inclusion in all Latin America) by EMBRATEL, in april/08, which foresees the implementation of 11.500 satellite internet access sites, in schools and other Federal Government units.
- Responsible for the development of Latin American market, through personal contacts and marketing actions in the government and corporate markets.
- Implementation of a pioneering International Project, to provide satellite internet access to 250 public schools in the Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina