Ray Nadeau Page 3 Raymond E. Nadeau
12 Dorchester Lane ♦ Riverside, Connecticut 06878
(Home) 203-344-1515 ♦ (Cell) 203-940-3116 ♦ [email protected]
Senior Strategic Marketing Executive
Senior Strategic Marketing Executive with 30+ years of international experience with Fortune 500 companies in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the US. Very stable career progression, including 23 years with Sara Lee Corporation. Proven leadership in growing operating earnings of mature and start-up businesses through brand building, product innovation, creative merchandising and customer development. Experience with major multi-nationals such as Berkshire Hathaway, VF Corporation, Sara Lee Corporation and Cadbury provides a unique blend of consumer packaged goods marketing , apparel product development and retail merchandising skill sets. Skilled at managing multiple business portfolio’s within all major channels of trade and assessing business models to gain competitive advantage .Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop strong result oriented leadership teams. Highly collaborative management style.
The Moret Apparel Group, SBH Intimates Division,New York, NY 2008-Present
The Moret Apparel Group is a privately owned $400million sportswear, leg wear and intimate apparel company with marketing, design and supply chain teams in New York, LA and Hong Kong.
Management Consultant Strategy/Business Development (2008-Present)
- Develop business strategies to leverage The Moret Group’s expertise in creative design, new product development and speed to market.
- Create go-to-market portfolio strategies and programming to expand current owned, licensed and direct to retail brands across all channels of trade.
- Identify new business opportunities to support the addition of new owned, licensed and direct to retail brands.
- Lead customer management team to implement partnership opportunities with current and potential key accounts.
Vanity Fair Brands, New York, NY & Alpharetta, GA 2004-2008
Vanity Fair Brands is a $700million intimate apparel company acquired by Fruit of the Loom (a Berkshire Hathaway company) from VF Corporation in April 2007 with worldwide teams in the US, Central America, Europe & Asia.
President/General Manager Mass Channel Intimates
Member of executive team charged with transitioning the business under new ownership from VF Corporation to Berkshire Hathaway.Reporting to the CEO, responsible for the P&L on domestic mass channel business, valued at $300 million in revenue, with brands including Vassarette, BestForm, Curvation and Ilusion.
Managed staff of approximately 135 direct, indirect and dotted line reports in various locations.
Responsibilities included strategy development, marketing, design, customer management and business planning.
- Reorganized mass channel business model to leverage scale and best practices within Vanity Fair Brands and Fruit of the Loom divisions of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Managed joint venture efforts in Mexico and Canada, valued at $50 million in revenue
- Introduced trade up programs under Bestform Breathables, BestForm High Performance Sport, Curvation “Full & Sexy” and Vassarette Real Sexy bras, adding approximately $18 million in revenue over 3 years.
- Accountable for managing business and design teams in New York and Atlanta.
- Chaired development of a company-wide new product development process increasing creative exchange across the business while improving on-time concept timelines.
- Member of executive team charged with developing a 3-year supply chain transformation plan to realize operating savings of approximately $25million annually. Projected savings are currently on plan.
Sara Lee Corporation,Chicago, IL 1981-2004
Managed businesses in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and US for Sara Lee Branded Apparel (now Hanes Brands Inc.), a $6 billion international sportswear, leg wear and intimates coalition of Sara Lee Corporation.
President Sara Lee Intimates North America, Winston-Salem, NC (2003-2004)
- Reporting to the CEO of Sara Lee Branded Apparel North America, drove strategic vision for a $1 billion intimates portfolio in the US and Canada. Brands included Bali, Playtex, Wonderbra, Hanes, Barely there and Lovable.
- Managed staff of approximately 375 direct, indirect and dotted line reports in various locations.
- Integrated Sara Lee’s US intimates organization structures to leverage portfolio best practices and synergies while delivering operating savings of approximately $2.5 million per year.
- Developed “News Value” consumer programming. Programs included: Playtex “Half Sizes Too”, Barely there “Be Tag Free” and Bali “Double Support”
President Playtex Apparel US,Stamford, CT (2001-2003)
- Reporting to the President of Sara Lee Intimates North America, drove strategic vision for a $400 million division.
- Managed staff of approximately 150 direct, indirect and dotted line reports in various locations.
- Achieved business turnaround, sales +10% year1, with a 2 year CAGR of +7%.
- Re-launched key department store brands TGIF, Secrets, Cross Your Heart with a 3 year sales growth of +90%.
- Relocated headquarters from Stamford, CT to Winston-Salem, NC to leverage efficiencies and best practices.
General Manager Sara Lee Intimates, Winston-Salem, NC (1998-2001)
- Reporting to the President of Sara Lee Intimates North America, repositioned core mass channel brands and introduced new lifestyle brands. Portfolio, valued at $350 million, included Hanes, Hanes Sport, Just My Size and Lovable brands.
- Introduced trade up programs such as Hanes Body Creations, Hanes Captivating Curves, Lovable and JMS hanging, adding $90 million in revenue over 3 years.
- Reconfigured supply chain to increase Far East sourcing and expand planning activities in Hong Kong. Actions improved gross margin by approximately 400 basis points.
President Sara Lee Intimates Australia, Sydney, Australia (1995-1998)
- Reporting to the CEO of Sara Lee Branded Apparel Pacific Rim, reorganized intimates portfolio and supply chain in Australia and New Zealand for a $55 million division.
- Increased revenues by 28% and gross margin by 600 basis points over 3 years.
- Restructured the supply chain and design center to leverage Sara Lee’s global resource capabilities.
VP Marketing, Design Sara Lee, Montreal, Canada (1990-1995)
VP Marketing Sara Lee, Montreal, Canada (1986-1990)
Director Marketing Sara Lee, Montreal, Canada (1984-1986)
Marketing Manager Sara Lee, Montreal, Canada (1981-1984)
Marketing Manager Culinar Foods, Montreal, Canada (1980-1981)
Marketing Manager Starkist Foods, Montreal, Canada (1978-1980)
Product Manager Cadbury Schweppes, Montreal, Canada (1975-1978)
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Commerce, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
Certified Advertising Practitioner, Institute of Canadian Advertising, McGill University
- Executive Development Program, Indiana University Graduate School of Business, 1994
- VF Corporation Leadership Institute – Class of 2007
- French (Fluent speaking)
- Board Member, Underfashion Club, New York
- Alumni Member, Executive Forum Networking
- Vanity Fair Brands Innovation Award, 2007
- WalMart Vendor of the Year, 2006
- WalMart Vendor of the Year, 2002
- Sara Lee Corporation Presidents award, 2002