Captain – Food & Beverage Service
The Cave Restaurant , Muscat, Oman
Currently working and joined in the esteemed organization, “The Cave” project that is the "largest man made cave in the world" under the Falcon for Tourism Investment L.L.C. and directly involved project of the Ministry of Tourism (Oman), since January, 2014 as Supervisor.
- Taking daily briefing and gather all the staff before operational start.
- Brief the staff about daily in- house promotions and events.
- To ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner.
- Help to ensure the smooth running of all guest requirements and Standard of Service are maintained at all times.
- Use of proper phone etiquette and phone procedures.
- Gives station assignments and establish a fair rotation for staff.
- Complete requisitions for supplies.
- Inspects food quality to ensure standards and sanitation regulations are in compliance.
- Maintains effective presence in restaurant, checking guest satisfaction and resolving food quality and service complaints.
- Maintains presence in room ensuring that staff is seating guests properly, replenishing beverages, restaurant cleanliness, and use of proper cashiering procedures.
- Utilizes servers and hostess for maximizing up selling potential.
- Assisting in monitoring staff performance, give constructive feedback and develop areas that need improvement.
- Assisting the Outlet Manager and Assistant Outlet Manager in conducting a monthly documented departmental meeting copying minutes to the Food and Beverage and Human Resource Directors.
- Effectively maintain current service levels to receive positive guest comments and reach departmental and hotel service goals.
- Complete all responsibilities for hostess, servers, bartenders and cashier positions.
- Familiar with and able to train in proper lifting, carrying, spill procedures, chemical handling, use of equipment, and any other safety hazards staff would encounter.
- Able to complete a maintenance request form.
- Ensure that the appropriate mise-en-place has been prepared.
- Responsible of taking orders & assist the guest in completing & complementing their order.
- Taking inventory, making store requisition.
- Responsible for various reports & maintaining them (e.g. - Sales Summary report, Void KOT and BOT, Discounted bills).
- Maintaining the log book & to keep it up to date.
- Day end book closing & deposit of cash.
- Adjustment & settlement of cash & credit card (e.g. - Amex, Visa, Masters, American Express).
- Maintain policies and procedures for HACCP and alcoholic beverage commission guidelines.
- Prepare duty roster and roster staff for meal breaks.