To become a clear and effective communicator by honing my photography and writing skills and expanding my business knowledge with hands-on experience, thus quenching my thirst to learn.
Sep 2004 - May 2009
Bachelor of Commerce (Co-op)
MUN's Faculty of Business Administration boasts accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).The five-year Commerce program is composed of 47 courses and 12 months of work experience.
Related Coursework and Activities:Advertising Management, International Marketing, Principles of Marketing, Marketing Applications, E-Commerce, Business Communication
Vice-President of Communications, Council of Class of 2009
Sep 2008 - Dec 2008
Four-month immersion in Italian language and culture.Related Coursework:Skills for International Management, International Strategy
Apr 2008 - Aug 2008
PhotoTec Services is a small retailer specializing in camera repair and sales, serving the province via its online and brick-and-mortar storefronts.
- Advised and served customers by phone, email and in-person with matters of photography
- Solely responsible for post-processing (i.e. Photoshop) and printing of images
- Maintained website and helped design advertisements
- Sold cameras and equipment; processed repair orders; stocked inventory
Jan 2008 - Apr 2008
- Set-up and shot photographs for news stories, editorials and opinion pieces; wrote accompanying captions
- Post-processed photos and prepared them for press
Jan 2007 - Dec 2007
Assistant Account Manager
The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) is the Canadian federal government agency responsible for helping to build economic capacity in the Atlantic Provinces by working with the people of the region to create jobs and enhance earned incomes.
- Analyzed clients' business plans and applications and processed them into ACOA standard format
- Created and organized bi-weekly cash flow reports; compiled client files for various departments
- Assisted clients over telephone and email with ACOA program applications
- Staffed ACOA booths and responded to general inquiries at conferences and conventions
- Maintained records of client activities and program results; conducted market and industry research
May 2007 - Aug 2007
- Created new and edited existing web content for Answers, MUN’s one-stop service to students providing campus cards, lockers, and student loans, among other things
- Updated and maintained Answers’ web sites
- Researched Atlantic Canadian university sponsorships and programs
Oct 2003 - May 2004
The Catholic Register is Canada's oldest Catholic newspaper, based in Toronto and circulated nationally.
Wrote a regular column of personal stories and opinion for Youth Speak News, a national team of young Catholic writers
Wrote articles and reported stories of various subject matters, including local and provincial news; conducted numerous interviews for news stories
Attended journalism and news media workshops in Toronto