Jun 2007 - Present
Business Development Executive
- Pioneered the Middle East Technology Consulting practice by being the first executive to target and sell into this developing growth market, also involed in the marketing, branding and selling of services.
- Established a fruitful relationship with a leading Telecom Council to step-up all marketing & branding activities for the company, as they were new entrants in the region.
- Trained new hires on selling skills for the Middle East Technology practice.
- Attended a client invitational conference in Dubai and worked with the largest telecom players and multinationals in the region.
Jun 2006 - May 2007
Graduate Management Trainee
- As a management trainee, underwent on-the-job training under the Business Development and Research Business Units for a period of 6 months each.
- As part of the Research Team, was involved in consulting projects executed for companies such as Microsoft, STPI and Scan Associates. Conducted primary research, analysis and strategic forecasting for the same.
- Published market insight articles on the Middle East telecom market and its wireless domain.
- Coordinated two flagship events for the network security industry in India.
Oct 2004 - Mar 2006
Part-time Business Development Associate
- Counseled potential trainees about their need for training, followed by conducting & evaluation of their entrance tests.
- Coordinated placement of trained candidates as part of a team.
- Also underwent summer internship in the same company during the period May – June 2005
May 2004 - Jun 2004
Summer Intern - Client Servicing
- Worked on ad pitches for various brands like Goldwinner Oil, Pondicherry Tourism Board, HDFC Bank and Bharath Overseas Bank Ltd.
- Submitted a research project titled “The Indian Credit Card Industry”, giving constructive insights which were used by the agency for future pitches.
Class 12 - CBSE
- Secured an aggregate of 88.9%
- Topped the school in Computer Science and Accountancy
- Assistant editor of school magazine during the period 2001-03.
2003 - 2006
Bachelors in Business Administration
- Secured an aggregate of 74.6% - First Class.
- University ranks secured in English and Sanskrit.
- Executive member of the Students Council 2004-05.
- Department representative in 2004-05.
All India UGC National Conference. Presented a paper titled “Breaking through the glass ceiling – Women in Management” in January 2004, winning the “Best Paper Award” for the same.
- Published various literary articles in college journals on areas such as “FDI in the Indian Retail Sector” and “World Class Indian Businesses”.
- Attended a conference held in Dubai on an invitational that spoke about the upcoming Wireless and Broadband Access technologies in the Middle East.
- Attended various workshops on team building, personality effectiveness & logic building.
- Strategic Branding and Product Innovation
- Marketing and Sales
- A computer literacy drive as part of Deepam
- Tutoring blind students
- Fund-raising activities for Asha to support education for under-privileged children
- Walkathon for differently-abled children.
- Playback singer for Indian movies and various television advertisements.
- Lead vocalist of a rock band named "Mantra" which was India's first all girl rock act.
- Currently singing for several rock bands across the city.
- Basketball - Captain of school team and played in National level tournaments
- Rowing - Won the Corporate Championship in the city of Chennai
- Ultimate Frisbee - Won and attended inter city tournaments
- Volleyball - Played for the school team
- Throw ball - Played for the school team