Aug 2014 - Present
Feb 2014 - Aug 2014
In-House Screening Specialist
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Check the subject appropriateness of the manuscript to make sure that it falls within the scope of the journal.
- Check the manuscript type to make sure that the manuscript is submitted to the journal with the right type.
- Perform some searches to make sure that the manuscript has neither been published elsewhere, nor is under review elsewhere.
- Check submitted manuscripts to ensure that they have not been plagiarized from other manuscripts, whether published or unpublished.
- Check the manuscript references to detect any potential citation manipulation i.e. whether the purpose of them is to increase the number of citations to a given authors work, or to articles published in a particular journal.
- Check authors history to make sure that there are no sanctions preventing them from submitting their manuscripts to the journal.
- Take the proper action with the checked manuscripts whether by approving, rejecting or transferring the manuscript. - Communicate all decisions with editorial staff in order to take the proper action with the authors/editors.
Nov 2013 - Jun 2014
- To interpret the soundtrack of a programme and edit it into clear, easy-toread subtitles which retain the full sense and flavor of the programme.
- To become familiar with the whole range of subtitling techniques, including pre-prepared subtitling and res-peaking, so as to be able to achieve high quality subtitles across the full range of subtitled television programmes.
- To work accurately and calmly to very tight deadlines and during live broadcasts.
- To proofread, review and correct own work as well as other subtitlers work, and ensure a consistently high standard is attained.
- To work with subtitlers, stenographers and assistants as part of a subtitling team. -
To co-ordinate the work of other members of the subtitling team to ensure that both live and pre-recorded subtitles are successfully delivered and broadcast to a high standard. -
To take responsibility for the quality and delivery of own work at all times. - To assist with any part of the subtitling process as appropriate.