- Versatile communications professional with expertise in digital media and community management programs.
- Excellent writer with experience writing for a variety of communications materials including press releases, marketing collaterals, profiles, feature articles, websites, blogs and newsletters.
- Skilled in developing media relations program with international, trade and broadcast press with experience in South East Asia, India, Sri Lanka and East Africa.
- Proficient in managing brand marketing campaigns through corporate identity, video and podcasting projects, micro sites and events.
- Experienced in managing sponsorship marketing programs.
- Established an excellent professional network through relationships with the World Economic Forum and Commonwealth Business Council.
Seeking Senior Level assignments in Corporate Communications including Marketing Communications, Digital Media & marketing, Media Relations and Event Management with an International organisation.
May 2004 - Present
Manager - International Communications
- Responsible for building profile internationally for the Executive Chairman entailing his media profiling through his business activities, his books, his philanthropic activities and securing speaking opportunities for him in business and leadership forums in different parts of the world. Includes establishing digital profiles across multiple channels.
- Leading a global communications team in the area of digital media marketing and brand management.
- Implementing PR Programs for the Group in its key markets in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Hong Kong and East Africa, which includes crisis communications.
- Designing and implementing marketing communication efforts and managing corporate identity.
- Spearheading employee communication initiatives including establishing & maintaining an intranet portal.
- Relationship Manager for the QI Group with the World Economic Forum & Commonwealth Business Council.
- Secured and managed Brand Ambassadorship of Sri Lankan cricketer Muthiah Muralidaran
- Worked on negotiation and partnership with Virgin Racing F1 Team for a 3 season tie up and handled the subsequent media launch at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2010 involving Sir Richard Branson.
- Achieved the inclusion of Executive Chairman in the Forbes Asia annual list of Heroes of Philanthropy.
- Set up the Digital Media division and the company's presence on various emerging platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Flickr, Blogs, Slideshare, Tumblr and others, for customer engagement, & customer service.
- Managed the QI Group's sponsorship of the Commonwealth Business Forum at CHOGM in Uganda (2007) and Trinidad & Tobago (2009)
- Managed key CSR initiatives in India with CNN Hero Narayanan Krishnan, in Sri Lanka with Muthiah Muralidaran's Foundation of Goodness and in Hong Kong with the Rainbow Project for autistic chlidren.
- Secured speaking opportunities for the Executive Chairman in international business forums around the world.
- Commonwealth Business Forum - CHOGM 2007 (Uganda) & 2009 (Trinidad & Tobago)
- World Economic Forum on East Asia (Vietnam 2010, Jakarta 2011)
- Global Entrepreneur Summit, Singapore, 2006
- Madras Management Association Annual Convention, India, 2007
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (Indian Diaspora Meet), India, 2008
- International Business & Leadership Symposium, Brussels, 2009
- Organised events such as tradeshows, launches, cocktail events and press junkets.
- Successfully handled exhibition booths in customer conferences in Dubai, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Nairobi, Kampala & Jakarta.
- Managed the sponsorship of Julio Iglesias Concert in Malaysia and pre-event cocktail in partnership with The Peak (lifestyle magazine)
- Actively involved in setting up the Group's Publishing Division; planned and executed marketing and promotions for two titles.
- Handled worldwide PR campaign for 'In the Sphere of Silence' by Vijay Eswaran
- Successfully managed launch of 'Encounters' by Ambassador T. P. Sreenivasan, Launch with Dr. Shashi Tharoor in Dec 2007 followed by media reviews.
- Attended the Frankfurt book fair, New York BookExpo and the World Book Fair, India to market and promote the titles