Rosa Parks Middle School
Choral Director, .8 of full time
Rosa Parks Middle School, Montgomery County Public Schools, Silver Spring, MD
- Plan and prepare sixth grade general music.Curriculum includes lessons that teach rhythm through African drumming, harmony through guitar, and melody through piano and singing.
- Conduct a mixed seventh and eighth grade chorus.Individual students are coached for annual honors chorus auditions
- Prepared chorus for District 2 Festival, and prepare students for winter and spring concerts.
- Trained and certified member of the Student Assistance committee.
- Prepared musical portion of spring musical “School House Rock.”
- Co-taught and assisted a 7th grade social studies inclusion class with special education.