2007-2009 - Commercial Director Middle East Africa (Member of Regional Board & Global Commercial Leadership Team) Johannesburg RSA. Turnover: $ 630MM
1.Built & Led a cohesive Sr. Regional Commercial Team (5 Marketing Directors + 5 Sales Directors) focused on securing regional revenue and M. Share targets while significantly improving local capabilities.
- ME&A region achieved 13% growth in 2008; the largest for that year throughout the organization.
- Joined up ME&A innovation strategy fueled a $160MM pipeline. Global emerging markets in LA & APAC on-boarded
- Gathered regional team around one common goal (In line with corporate direction)
- Developed clear regional engagement and performance guidelines in alignment with local GM's securing effective ways of working (Spent 70% of time in the markets working with local operators)
2.Led & Coached key markets to upgrade RTM strategy and commercial capabilities
- Redefined distribution strategy by trade channel, in alignment with local GM's, around comprehensive portfolio priorities and pricing strategy.
- Defined new organizational structure and profiles and new incentives and reward system for sales team
- Supported local operators to implement new strategy in key channels
3.Led external team of consultants to analyze +40 countries to develop entry strategy to unattended markets
- Developed entry strategy for "white space" markets in the region, resulting in $120MM incremental growth target.
4.Led interface with global categories for the region
- Developed, aligned & implemented strategic growth framework for Emerging and Nascent Markets Globally
5.Developed, in collaboration with Manufacturing, a regional supply strategy, overcoming a critical capacity shortage.
2004-2007 Consumer & Trade Marketing Director Eastern Europe (E.E. Board Member) - Moscow, Russia. Turnover: $320MM
1.Built & Led a high performing Commercial Team
- Raised team's performance levels around best practices, leveraging professional coaching for team and Implementing individual objectives, performance appraisal and career planning. After 2.5 years 10% of talent pool was exported to other Business Units
2.Led Commercial team to create and implement differentiated Marketing strategy
- Achieved 68% ($ 100MM) revenue growth 2004-2007. Russia/CIS (the 6th highest priority market) was transformed from former Sales/Distribution company into a consumers driven organization, while moving to a profit position.
- Re-built portfolio (Product, Package, Innovation) based on deep analysis and detailed segmentation of markets, consumers and competitors. Quality and perceived image gaps vs. key competitor were closed.
- Reversed declining M. Share trend in all 4 categories: +10 pts up in Chewing Gum - Achieved market leadership in Candy. European award best Market share performance in 2007
- Developed and implemented differentiated & relevant communication (European awarded)
- Secured long term effective media deal, resulting in 3 - 1 effectiveness ratio vs. key competitor.
3.Re-built Trade Marketing organization & capabilities
- Turned around the Point of Buying to drive 4 products into stores top 10 selling sku´s
- Redefined packaging and shelf strategy to outperform in-store visual space.
- Developed store & shelf management strategy & guidelines and trained Sales Force. Aligned priorities with Sales
4.Aligned functions and resources to deliver strategy and plans
- Co-led implementation of S&OP (with Manufacturing) and Integrated Project Management (IPM) (with Logistics) - Russia became, in 2006, lead country for IPM and Best Project Management practices in EMEA.
- Built & Chairied cross-functional team to manage improvement & innovation programs, resulting in 95% success rate for innovation initiatives.
- Procured R&D full R&D team and Global experts focused to Russia and facilitated dialogue and collaboration with Manufacturing for alignment and expedited timing.
- Implemented new incentives & reward system for the Sales Group based on sales, distribution and exhibition
5.Led interface & collaboration with Regional and Global Commercial Teams
2001-2004 Global Business Director - Strategic Brands / Kids - New Jersey, USA
1.Created a high performing multifunctional Global Team
- Spent 50% of time in the regions working with Sales & Marketing and redefined ways of working involving local management and transferring knowledge and learning across markets (vs. centrally dictated)
2.Led the team to create and implement differentiated strategy
- 15% and 17% global revenue growth in 2002 and 2003 in the largest global business for the company, which led also to profitably attain global market leadership in Bubble Gum.
- Defined global strategy, based on local diagnose of needs, challenges and opportunities, thus building on commonalities while recognizing differences. Functionally & Geographically validated to secure feasibility and resourcing.
- Globalized BBG - Globally aligned Model - Regionally managed P&L - Globally managed Innovation - Globally led communication and guidelines
3.Led the team to identify, develop and implement joined up innovation pipeline
- Developed a sustainable global growth strategy and led implementation for joined-up innovation pipeline in the organization ($90MM long term annual revenue) Signed up in annual and long range plans
- Clear and aligned methodology involving all functions to secure feasibility- Screening and Testing processes
1998-2000 Regional Category Manager - Chewing Gums MECCA - Mexico city. Turnover: $200 MM
1.Most profitable and fastest growth business within Adams 1998-2001 - 42% revenue growth over a 2 year period
2.Grew 5 pts. market share in Mexico (from an existing 67% market share position)
3.Re-launched and built Trident (the largest chewing gum brand in México) based on effective communication, distribution and selective innovation.
4.Built the strategic plan for the gum business in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, introduced one new brand and repositioned 3 existing businesses. President's Innovation Award in 2000.
1992-1997 - Warner Lambert (México)- Sr. Brand Manager / New Products Manager / Group Product Manager