- Vendor certification training in Structure cabling Systems (Avaya, Panduit, Belden, Krone, Amp, Corning, etc)
- Vendor certification and training in Voice, Data and convergence technologies (Avaya, Nortel, 3Com, Extreme, Sitara, Lucent, etc.).
- Vendor certification training in Videoconference technologies (Vtel) and CCTV.
- Certification in Kaba Access Control Systems
- Certification in Door, Window and automation systems.
Direct and indirect sales model implementation, marketing techniques, consultative selling and high level business relationship management.
Specialist in new business development, including startup operations, sales of value added services to the information technology, access control and security markets, as well as high end products for the building industry.
Jul 2007 - Jan 2010
- Head of the company for México, Central America and the Caribbean region.
- Startup operation, reporting directly to headquarters in Germany.
- Implementation of the new business at full operative capacity, including direct and indirect sales, new business development strategies, logistics, inventory management, as well as administrative and finance policies and procedures.
- Developed project business unit, automatic entrance systems and extended the PVC distribution network.
- Improved operative efficiency and duplicated turnover in 100% from 2008 to 2009.
Jan 2004 - Jun 2007
DIRECTOR OF SALES
- Responsible of the commercial strategy and financial results for Mexico and Central America of the Access Control (commercial and residential applications), Lodging Systems (hospitality market) and Safe Lock (financial market) Business Units.
- Program implementation and strategies of direct and indirect sales to the Institutional Market, Hospitality Business, Banking, OEM, Service Providers, Distributors and Access Control and Security Integrators.
- Responsible of the supervision and procedures to increase the productivity of the customer service team.
- Responsible of the supervision of the Technical team and pre-post sale services portfolio.
- Brand Awareness development plan and New Product launch strategy.
Aug 2003 - Dec 2003
SALES AND MARKETING DIRECTOR
- Signed new alliances with key vendors, customers and global channels.
- Increased sales forecast from 500Kk usd a 3M usd in 4 months only.
Aug 2002 - Jan 2003
MULTINATIONAL ACCOUNTS DIRECTOR
- Developed new business with large national and multinational accounts in a direct touch - indirect sales model as Wal-Mart, Ford, Ericsson, Grupo Modelo, CFE, e-Mexico, etc., generating more than 1M usd of additional business opportunities in only three months and a forecast for another 8M usd of additional business.
MARKETING DIRECTOR (Mexico City, August 2001 to July 2002)
- Implemented the strategies to develop and /or consolidate business relationship with key partners as AVAYA, NORTEL, EXTREME, LUCENT, PANDUIT, BELDEN, CORNING, FLUKE, CPI, KRONE, NETBOTZ, etc.
- Contributed to increase revenue with key manufactures y 3.2% during 1H of 2002 while market was downsizing, becoming the key distributor and the preferred alternative for them to go to market.
- Increased customer satisfaction by improving the mix and balance of inventory.
WESTERN REGIONAL MANAGER (Guadalajara, 1999 - 2001)
- Managed the West Region team (11 direct reports) by developing new business and channels in 15 Mexican states, making specific strategies for each of the 3 areas to conform the region (Pacific, Bajio, Border).
- Opened the first warehouse of the region, increasing customer service and reducing freight cost.
- Increased business and sales by 33% from 1998 to1999, and 50% from 1999 to 2001, reaching 10M usd.
NORTHWESTERN AREA SALES MANAGER (Juarez, 1997 - 1999)
- Established the first office in that region improving level of service and customer satisfaction.
- Managed the process of changing from a direct sales model to a channel sales model developing a whole new sales strategy for the region.
- Increased business in sales by 400% from 1997 to 1999, going from 500K usd to 2M usd.
OUSTSIDE SALES/ MAJOR ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE (Mexico City, 1994 - 1997)
- Developed a direct sales strategy by providing network solutions and services for Major Accounts.
- Established new supply agreements and provided complete networking solutions for large accounts as Telmex, Ericsson, Mobil Oil, Amex, Citibank, Serfín, IBM, etc.
- Contributed to position the company as the leader supplier of networking and structure cabling products and services in the Mexican market.
INSIDE SALES REP (Mexico City, 1993 - 1994)
- Developed new business by offering consultative solutions of network infrastructure.
1991 - 1993
- Implemented the Honeywell Distributed Control Systems in several industrial projects.
1989 - 1991
INTELIGENCE AND EXPERT SYSTEMS DE MEXICO
1988 - 1991
- SUBJECT: Electricity and Magnetism.
- SUBJECT: Electrical circuits.