- Gurgaon, India, IN
Highly motivated and versatile Research and Food Safety Specialist with 3+ years of experience in R&D, food safety, quality assurance, laboratory set-up & operations, method development, and lab safety systems with broad analytical skills.
- Liquid Chromatography - UPLC (Waters)/HPLC (Agilent) & HPTLC (CAMAG)
- Gas Chromatography - GC & GC-MS/MS (Agilent)
- ICP-MS (NexIon 350 Perkin Elmer) & LC-MS (QTrap 6500 AB Sciex)
- Kjeldahl/Soxhlet/Rotatory Evaporators/Karl Fischer/Rapid Sodium Analyser
- Texture analyzer (Stable Micro Systems)/RVA/Falling Number & Gluten Index System (Perten)
- NIR/NMR/DSC/Mixolab/Rheometer/Spectrophotometer/Water activity meter/Color meter/Rancimat
- Method development/Method validation/Statistical evaluation
- Qualitative/quantitative chemical analysis.
- Experience on advanced analytical instruments, troubleshooting & data interpretation.
- Sample preparation & chemical analysis of foods samples
- Documentation handling and record maintenance as per NABL requirements.
- HACCP/FSMS/Pathogen monitoring plan/Pest Management
- New lab set-up/Lab operation & management
- Collaboration with other Nestlé research locations for analytical support & development
- Interaction with external partners for analysis outsourcing & lab maintenance activities
Computer & communication
- Proficiency in all MS applications (Word, Excel, etc.), SAP,
- Good communication skills, practical capabilities, curiosity, initiative and result oriented.
- Internal Auditor - ISO 18001 & ISO 14001
- ISO - 17025-2005, 9001 and HACCP
Research Associate & Food Safety Specialist
Aug 2013 - Present
Nestlé R&D Centre India Pvt. Ltd.
- Analytical support for development of innovation and renovation projects.
- Develop robust analytical methods by scouting and developing standards of new technologies relevant for the businesses.
- Set and maintain standards for new and existing methods by providing complete validation data.
- Share analytical competencies in R&D and factories by actively contributing and promoting knowledge transfer.
- Support factory operations – Technical Assistance by providing scientific expertise on alternative methods to solve problems.
- Lab operations and installation of equipment's as per new requirements and techniques.
- Finalization and execution of internal control plan for equipment's.
- Research study of physico chemical parameters for new products.
- Hygiene & pathogen monitoring and control for pilot plant & development kitchen.
- Integrated pest management(IPM) system: coordinate with IPM contractor to establish IPM process for facility, review IPM report & trends.
- NIMS(Nestle Integrated Management system) implementation. To efficiently plan & utilize CAPEX/OPEX budget for smooth lab operations.
- Monitoring, recording & maintenance of environment conditions of Lab to meet requirements of testing conducted in Lab.
- Member of DMAIC committee and executed 2 successful DMAICS-Related to Safety and Cost savings.
- SHE Coordinator for the laboratory, ensuring Zero safety related incidence and holding awareness sessions related to safety principles to laboratory and factory staff.
- Conduct periodic review of Lab equipment/processes to ensure operational fitness in accordance with company and ISO/IEC requirements.
- Conduct capability study for testing equipment's & Lab processes.
- Schedule & perform calibration/routine maintenance of Lab equipment's.
- Evaluation of new technologies & techniques to improve laboratory processes & performances.
- Ensure compliance to quality, food safety requirements when conducting analytical work and disposing waste(samples, reagents etc.) to minimize any risk identified.
- Planning, execution, documentation, and presentation of analytical results in compliance to company policies.
- Executed and evaluated the profile of contaminants and highly complex parameters during Maggi crises.
- Comparison of Physicochemical methods-DGHS v/s Nestle.
- Development and validation of NMR based method for fast determinations of Fat and moisture.
- Core member of Shelf life evaluation and assessment of Rebuilding Maggi project.
- Risk assessment and Hazard analytical and development of control point of pilot plant.
Sep 2012 - Aug 2013
Nestlé India Ltd.
- Routine analysis of Fatty Acids, Cholesterol and Ethylene Oxide.
- Representing in p-tests, internal & external audits as per ISO 17025.
- Up keeping of lab-sustaining 5S, GLP, lab documentation as per QMS Calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting the instruments.
- Ensure documentation as per NABL requirements.