I believe food moves the world, even today, and it's the real engine in a kitchen, too. Food is a kind of magic, an important part of the community and when combined with professional skills and quality products, the result can be only one thing: a great experience. Cooking is not a one-person job, and I'm confident that when the staff brings different backgrounds and experiences, the restaurant becomes a source of knowledge that allows us to reach new heights in any environment.
- Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen.
- Liaising with purchasing companies for food orders.
- Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food.
- Producing menus and new dishes.
- Managing, training and recruiting a brigade of chefs.
- Analyzing recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Determining production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivering of services.
- Estimating amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Specialization in business analytical tools in Food & Beverage development for Customer Profiling, Menu Engineering & Menu Development.
- Developed navigate & implemented culinary succession planning strategies to establish, sustain & improve business success.
- Product Procurement, Resource & Group purchasing control.
- Menu development across both brands in line with regional consumer profiles.
- Development and training of all senior culinary professionals within operations.
- All Culinary recipe management/development & installation for brands.
Executive Head Chef
- Increased growth of 6% turnover year on year.
- Lowest staff turnover percentage company-wide.
- Established and implemented kitchen Standards and procedures manuals & operational systems company-wide.
- Managed a brigade of 28 staff being able to watch my coaching style of management improve and developed a young team of chefs to achieve their goals.
- Trained and developed 2 internal kitchen team members to be a successful chef.
- All kitchen recruitment assisted with restaurant openings.
- Instructed cooks and other workers for the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitored sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.