WORMS UNITED SHIPPING AGENCY, PORT SAID, CAIRO
Nov 2011 - Sep 2014
Business Development Officer
HONDA MOTOR CO. AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST OFFICE
A Business Development Officer, Working with the Business Development Senior General Manager(BDSGM) in developing new dealers in the MENA region and supporting the activities of the current dealers in growing the business in their individual territory.
Event Planning and Delivery:
- Regional Sales Contests: Working in tandem with the Sales & Training Department to plan and coordinate business generation activities with dealers from around the region.
- Researching markets to identify opportunities for events. Producing detailed proposals for events(e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing and budgets).
- Managing corporate events under a very limited budget at luxury hotels in Dubai such as Park Hyatt. Securing and booking a suitable venue or location. Having dealt with a wide range of five star luxury hotels in Dubai, I have developed a big network of contacts with hotels' Management Team.
- Able to negotiate and achieve competitive rates with luxury hotels.
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire. Identifying and securing speakers or special guests.
- Planning ballroom layouts and the entertainment program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations. Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
- Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event. Arranging entry visas, tickets, hotel room booking for outstation participants.
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently. Post-event evaluation(including data entry and analysis and producing reports).
Sales and Marketing Support:
- Marketing Support (Press Release, Arabic proofreading, website translation and Brochures editing).
- Working alongside BDSGM to ensure existing and new territories are effectively managed and run and in full compliance with Honda's Corporate Identity and Visual Identity.
- Creating innovative methods for visualizing and formulating new projects and selecting and coordinating with prospective service providers.
- Coordinating with dealers for expanding their consumer market by providing support in their marketing activities.
- Performing ongoing customer/market research and demographic profiling to identify and capitalize on unmet market needs ahead of the curve.
- Conceptualization and support in terms of factory training for sales staff.
- Conceptualizing and overseeing Events relevant to the dealers' territory. Assessing training needs and ensuring that the relevant level of training, development and coaching is available to all team members, that training needs are met, aiming to improve both individual and organizational effectiveness and that everyone is encouraged and supported in their professional development, giving employees the best opportunities to develop their abilities and careers within the group.
- Working with the Marketing Manager and third party marketing agencies to manage product launch and product advertisements.
- Translating catalogs, course guides and training brochures that enhance the sales representatives understanding of complex product features and helping them sell more effectively.
Mar 2011 - Jul 2011
Working as an Operation Supervisor-one of the main operating companies in the Carnival Group and Europe's largest Cruise Company.
- Managing Costa Crociera Turnaround calls to Sharm El Sheikh Port with all its activities including operations, shipping, customer service, ship supplies, crew movement, documentation, finance, claims and administration.
- Ensuring that all services are duly rendered in time. Promoting a positive and visible image of the company.
- Establishing and maintaining a cooperative relationship between ship's directors and Port Authorities.
- Liaising with Immigration, Port Authorities and various Government Departments, Agencies and Corporate Houses for a smooth operation and crew movement.
- Coordinating with the Principals, attending their requirements, handling claims, follow-up with the Staff Captain, Administrative Director, 2nd Officer, Chief Engineer and other department heads of the ships for resupply and maintenance. Arranging and planning cocktail receptions and welcoming parties on board cruise ships.
Oct 2009 - Mar 2011
DOMINION SHIPPING AGENCY, PORT SAID, CAIRO
Personal Assistant to the CEO,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing Market reports and competition analysis.
- Help delivering new training solutions that meet the needs of the business and the people.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a range of administration procedures and standards.
- Chairing a weekly staff meeting and distributing minutes of meeting.
- Preparing propositions and presentations as well as handling claims.
- Working as an HR. Assistant; interviewing and assessing new candidates' English skills.
- Interacting frequently with senior management both internally and externally.
- Setting up a comprehensive filing system.
- Being fully responsible for handling the chairman's e-mail correspondence.
- Organizing communications and video conferences.
- Working with and communicating effectively with the senior manager's office team.
- Taking part in designing and compiling the data of the companies' official website.
- Translation of English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Updating principals' database.
- Liaising with Supply chain team to purchase the products for the ships as requested by the Senior Manager's office.
- Preparing all relevant purchase requests.
- Planning Company social events.
- Taking an active role in co-coordinating and planning all functions hosted.
- Networking for new clients and offering them the best of our cost-effective services.
- Conducting monthly statistics indicating our market share.
- Dealing with all elements of support administration team, recruitment and interviews.
- Working as an HR. Assistant.
Sep 2005 - May 2009
AIN SHAMS UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF AL ALSUN
Bachelor of Arts 2009
- Major: Translation (English to Arabic - Arabic to English)
- Minor: German (written)
- Graduated with High Honors
- Languages: English, Arabic and German.
Event Planning and Delivery
Web and Print Content Development
Nov 2008 - Aug 2009
Ministry g Higher Education and Technology
I am writing to put myself forward for a job vacancy in Administration or Event Planning. I have five years of experience in total. For the last three years, I have been working at Honda Motor Co. (Africa & Middle East Office) in Dubai, UAE as a Business Development Officer. I was directly reporting to / assisting the Senior General Manager of Network & Development in a wide range of Administrative tasks including (managing dealers’ sales executives data base, customer service, travel arrangements..etc.). When it comes to Event Planning and Delivery, I believe that this is the part I enjoyed the most in my career at Honda. I was solely responsible for planning and delivering three major events every year as part of our incentive scheme for sales executives in GCC & Middle East regions. I have dealt with so many entertainment agencies as part of the Award Ceremony day of the sales competition we conduct yearly. During these events my role didn't only include event planning and delivery, I was also an MC (Master of ceremony) as a bilingual (English & Arabic) and a Judge assessing the sales executives capabilities and rewarding good performance. My work during these events has been highly appreciated by Honda Management Team as well as Distributors from around the region. Besides these three yearly events, I also contributed in product launches and training seminars. I also assisted my department (Network & Development) in Market Analysis, Dealer Development support, Product launch, Marketing Collateral, Arabic proofreading, Sales Training support, Sales Contests Planning and Delivery as well as Incentive Development Scheme for dealers. I am very familiar with the leadership responsibilities associated with this profession as I have held this position for the last 5 years with two companies that I thoroughly enjoyed working for. I have established a great relationship with all of the members of these two companies. The reason why I had to quit my job at Honda Middle East is because I got married to a New Zealand citizen and therefore had to relocate to Auckland, New Zealand. . I am currently on a work visa under partnership category. During my tenure at Honda, I have participated in many projects that added a lot to my experience and career profile. Also, having worked in the Middle East for the last four years (mainly in UAE & Egypt) has given me a vast experience especially amidst the market fluctuations and political unrest caused by The Arab Spring. I have excellent oral and written communications skills that make it easy to keep all functions within the department running smoothly and efficiently. I have the skills needed to ensure daily administrative tasks are being performed proficiently and knowledge of what equipment, programs, etc. is needed to create a modern and well-run office. I have experience working with vendors, clients and investors along with each department in the company to coordinate and carry out multiple projects and events from beginning to end. I thrive under pressure and have the ability to work fast, while maintaining a professional, friendly mind-set.
My goal is to continue learning and developing my expertise in my future role.
I welcome an opportunity to meet and talk with you in person should any opportunity present itself.
Please contact me at 0211270741 to schedule an interview. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you in advance for your kind consideration