Stack Builders Inc.
Worked as full-stack developer for Haystak Digital Marketing distributed systems to manage car dealers advertisement. The project was based in Ruby on Rails and Ember.js and had very complex business definition, requiring constant attention to detail in a daily basis to meet clients expectations. The core had interesting challenges such as +100k requests to external services in a daily basis to keep customers SEO-related data synchronized.
In a daily basis I was involved in:
- Write crafted and automated-tested code in Ruby and JS, always with fine object oriented design
- Attend stand-up and other meetings to included business requirements discussions with the client, estimations, architectural definitions and technical review, sprint planning and team retrospective
- Write and maintain API integrations with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, BingAds, Authority Labs and MOZ.com
- Evaluate staging and production alerts through Airbrake, NewRelic and Nagios in order to prioritize the needed fixes
- Maintain Ruby gems that are reused across applications
- Coordinate and maintain staging and production deployments using Capistrano and CircleCI
- Help onboarding newcomers
- Have ideas and suggest stories to help client grow their business and also improve application architecture and error handling
- Identify technical debts and finding room for refactoring on legacy code
- Being skeptical in code reviews through Github and pairing in order to reduce chances of bugs and non-quality code to be merged
- Remote pair programming and help onboarding project newcomers
- Identify rooms for improvement on the team to increase productivity and relationship with client
- Maintain a number of unix-based servers on Rackspace
Aside project related stuff, I helped on candidate interviews, brainstorming ideas for company-wide improvements, and also gave talk about technical subjects on internal R&D meetings.