Researcher, Open Budget Initiative
• research and analytical work in the area of budgeting, public finance management and transparency (World Bank and OECD standards and best practices)
- full budget cycle analysis - budget law analysis
- media representation/communication of analyses outputs
- communication with policy-makers/implementation of best practices and procedures of budget processes
• Open Budget Initiative is a global research and advocacy program to promote public access to budget information and the adoption of accountable budget systems. One important goal of OBI is to raise researchers’ and civil society organizations’ awareness of possible policy recommendations they might make to government officials to open their country’s budget-making process. For example, potential reforms might include providing timely, accurate information to the public and/or providing further opportunities for citizen engagement during budget debates.
References (available upon request): Elena Mondo (CBPP, Washington D.C.); Rocio Moreno Lopez (CBPP, Washington D.C.)