Grupio (Product development experience)
A complete event information app about events, conferences, meetings and trade shows with crisp details on each event’s schedule, venues, sponsors, attendees, speakers, maps & floor charts. The app facilitates users further with features like contact and profile sharing, 1:1 messaging and social sharing over FaceBook and Twitter.
- Built a repo with client and solely involved in requirement analysis followed up by mock up designs and working prototype. I was hired by USA based client as a dedicated resource and had worked in US time zones.
- Accomplished complete app development life cycle by taking on interface and functional requirements from client to final App store submission without any query OR rejection.
- Developed, tested and established a base repository of a Master source code with more than 25 features that was used to create below 3 products for client
- Grupio Express
- Grupio Custom
- Grupio Multi-Event.
- Master source code was developed with scalable and flexible architecture following continuous integration methodology which made it possible to derive a new application in less than 2 days with all or some of those 25 features. Each feature was first developed as a separate xCode project and after testing integrated with Master source code. During my tenure, I could successfully ship more than 13 custom applications under 3 base products.
- Utilised threading mechanism offered by NSThread & AutoreleasePool for background working jobs to achieve efficient network resources usage, low memory consumption, crash prone ability and UI responsiveness of an app.
- Employed SQLite for data caching and offline mode so that app can operate without active Internet connection.
- Integrated an open source Image caching library to improve the smoothness of TableView. Developed a custom navigation controller that can be themed as per requirement.
- Built Facebook web application Style 1-to-1 messaging control with UI and business logic. Devised custom event timeline controller similar to Day view in native Calendar app.
- Comprehended and modified speech synthesizer library code to improve speed & accuracy by 5% during dictation.
- Devised custom refresher control that loads emails in next batch by pulling down the UITableView. Added beta testing support over Testflight.
Environment: SQLite, ASIHTTP library, REST API, XML & JSON parsing, Facebook Graph API, Twitter xAuth, NSOperationQueue, HTML parsing, UIWebView, NSThread, MRC, AutoReleasePool, Core Animation, SVN