Curriculum Designer for Student Choice and Academic Improvement
* Created four new courses at my district including oceanography and meteorology.
NASA Science Visualizations Studio Intern
* Worked to implement NASA visualizations into a web structure for teachers.
NASA Educator Astronaut Final Applicant
* Selected among the top 197 educators in the country. Currently working to implement NASA materials in the classroom through professional development I am creating.
Teacher's Earth Science Institute Participant
* Selected as one of only 24 in the US to study mining through the NSF.
"The Road Less Traveled" Teacher and Curriculum Designer
* Taught at-risk students in district-designed after school alternative education program
Generation WHY Partner Teacher
* Mentor to student (who later won an award for her work) in the use of technology and the development of a web site used in a national competition.
Results Based Staff Development Committee
* The committee created inservice agendas, Outcomes Accreditation planning information, and Campus Improvement Plan training.
* Creator of the "Modified Accreditation Portfolio" that was approved to be adopted for the North High School faculty during the 1999 school year as a resource binder for improving curriculum alignment.
Partnership for Multimedia Project
* Co-created a CD-ROM in use by the Wichita School District that introduced the WorkKeys standardized assessment to all staff in the district.
* Presenter on development of new science programs at regional science conference * Kansas state science assessment evaluator