To obtain an entry-level position at a PR agency in the New York City area.
I am a recent graduate of the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University with a degree in Public Relations. I am looking to obtain an entry-level position in PR agency within the New York City area. I have a bevy of past internship experience from Event Planning, to Public Affairs, to Social Media and everything in between.
My writing skills are strong and I have extensive experience drafting press releases, pitch letters, web content and media advisories. I have a knack for graphic design and enjoy working with InDesign and Illustrator. Aside from the technical skills that I have from both my internship experience as well as my classes, I have excellent personal qualities which would make me an asset to an account team. I am level-headed and I have exemplary verbal communications skills; both of which allow me to thrive within a teamwork setting.
Overall, I have a strong passion for the field of Public Relations, and I am an avid consumer of industry publications such as PRWeek, AdWeek, Mashable and Wall Street Journal. I know that I have a lot to learn about working in PR, and I have the drive and determination to learn.
Jan 2011 - May 2011
Marketing and Communications Intern
• Created media list of national energy publications and formed relationships with editors• Drafted press releases, legal alerts, website content, brochure information and built media lists• Researched potential clients and competitors in commercial lending and energy • Promoted sponsored events such as legal seminars and summits
Sep 2010 - Dec 2010
Syracuse University Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs
• Created 20+ page IFC Recruitment Guide for Fall 2010 and Spring 2011
• Designed logo for IFC Recruitment 2011
• Collected news from the 42 Greek Letter chapters on campus and distributed weekly updates
Dec 2009 - Dec 2010
Public Relations Vice President
• Wrote original website content and orchestrated a website redesign• Established alumni newsletter, wrote articles and designed newsletter template• Created chapter Twitter account and wrote chapter bylaws on social media usage• Oversaw a department of ten and worked with an executive council of seven members regularly • Managed a department budget of over $40,000
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010
VP of Social Media
Public Relations Campaigns, Fall 2010
• Worked with four other group members throughout the semester in order to create a comprehensive Public Relations Campaign for Syracuse Stage -- Central New York's premiere professional theatre • Developed a campaign to draw Syracuse graduate students to the Stage beginning with interpreting demographic research using Simmons Choices III through developing a post-campaign evaluation plan and presentation to the client• As VP of Social Media, I worked mainly on developing a strategy for Twitter including goal setting, strategies, tactics, planned execution and planned evaluation
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
Developmental and Special Events Intern
• Performed tasks for Ride for Roswell, which generated $2 million and had 7,000 participants• Aided with event prep such as volunteer assignments and assembling sponsor and rider packages• Pitched local print media and secured placements; prepared a report on post-event coverage • Wrote press releases, media advisories and website content for the Ride and several other large fundraising events• Conducted primary research including aiding with focus groups and survey creation
Sep 2008 - May 2010
• Trained new employees on caller protocol and programs• Collected financial contributions and updated Syracuse alumni about events and achievements• Calculated statistics for the campaign and proofread caller thank you notes to alumni• Caller of the Week in Spring 2009
May 2009 - Aug 2009
The Office of New York State Assemblyman Robin Schimminger
• Wrote press releases, newsletter content and articles for local media outlets• Responded to letters and correspondence on potential legislation, primarily in the Health sector• Researched past, current and potential legislation issues and bills daily • Built and updated the media contact database
Jun 2008 - May 2008
• Created organization’s Facebook page and drafted its content • Acted as a representative for the organization at kickoffs for the yearly Instrument Drive • Contacted sponsors for the annual Music Is Art Festival