YWCA of Hamilton NZ
Young Women’s Collective, YWCA of Aotearoa New Zealand Ongoing
One of the key young women helping to re-establish a Young Women’s Collective (YWC) within the National YWCA.
- Organising regular hui’s for the YWC.
- Coordinating and booking flights.
- Maintaining the YWC’s Facebook page.
- Preparing and distributing agenda and budget.
- Co-chairing the hui.
- Sourcing training/workshop opportunities.
- Involved in developing the strategic direction of the YWC.
- Regularly reporting back to National YWCA and local YWCA’s around the country.
Young Women’s Programme Development, YWCA of Hamilton 2008
Member of a sub-committee which researched and developed a new programme for young women aged 16-18 years old in the Hamilton community.
- Sub-committee formed, held regular meetings, and researched appropriate topics/programme ideas for young women aged 16-18 years old.
- Established Life Skills programme.
- Programme started Term Three 2008, and will continue in Term Two 2009.
YWCA of Hamilton 2008
Helped organise the Inaugural World AIDS Day BBQ Picnic at the YWCA of Hamilton.
- Helped with creative development of the event.
- Approached and co-ordinated guest speakers.
- Responsible for writing press release.
- Helped facilitate the event on the day, 1st December.