Master of Business Administration
Attained my MBA from DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management.
Clients have included:
Allied Business Group
Kane Koval Associates
Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas
Armed Forces Insurance
Fosters Energy Services
Allied Global Services
My interest is focused on helping business truly utilize technology to make themselves better, more efficient, and more profitable. That was technology's original promise. I believe that it is still the holy grail for businesses. Based on that basic premise I examine technologies that I deal with or find that really have promise to make businesses better. That may include social media, mobile technology, cloud computing, software development, or any of a myriad of other possible topics.
· As described under Fire Lake Solutions Inc. – Armed Forces Insurance
· Developed mobile RF-based inventory and shipment tracking system
· Developed web based (ASP) administration console
· Utilized COM, ASP, HTML, SQL Server, T-SQL on Microsoft DNA architecture
· Worked for Jackson National Life’s subsidiary, National Planning Holdings (broker dealer)
· Lead a team of five interface developers on large-scale back office system
· Analyzed and documented workflows and requirements with project owner for new back office system
· Developed documentation and testing standards in cooperation with Model Office (Quality Assurance) team.
· Usability analysis and design discussions with the Model Office team
· Created a browser-based “MDI” (Multiple Document Interface) using ASP, VBScript, XML, and CSS.
· Lead project that migrated Commissions and Email portion of broker-dealer's website to an internal system from a third party vendor.
· Created team’s web based Intranet for storing documentation, support forums, and maintenance screens.
· Developed a Visual Basic-based automated NSCC commission settlement file load application.
· Co-developed a process that automatically creates commission statement in PDF format, parses them apart for individual reps, and transfer to the broker/dealer web server.
· Developed Windows Script Host scripts to automate maintenance tasks of the back office system.
· Maintained the legacy Visual Basic and Oracle based back office system.
"...His forward thinking allowed us to build for the future, saving valuable time and money. We leveraged his breadth of knowledge in web services on this project which provided a state of the art internet tool. I would hire Jeremy again with no hesitation."
- Lori @ Armed Forces Insurance
"I would recommend Jeremy to anyone. He is very knowledgeable and definitely saved me on a number of occasions. Very easy to work with, and incredibly responsive… It would be hard to find a better resource for your web coding needs. Highly recommended"
- Brian @ ZoneSystems
"Simply put, Jeremy falls into a category of one of the best people I have ever worked with. He has solid technical knowledge and abilities. Aside from his technical skills, Jeremy proved himself to be an invaluable asset as a manager of multiple and concurrent projects. Regarless of the circumstances, Jeremy consistently strives to motivate his teams to deliver the best possible solutions while ensuring client satisfaction. I am hopeful Jeremy and I will have the opportunity to work with each other in the future and absolutely recommend him to anyone seeking someone to lead projects to success."
- Gene @ Fire Lake Solutions
For more recommendations see my LinkedIn Profile.
In constantly seeking to improve my soft skills, I am a ToastMaster. This allows me the ability to be constantly working on verbal communication skills. Being involved in this group gives me the opportunity to lead meetings, speak in front of groups of people, and learn new methods and techniques to improve my communication.
Are you looking for someone to help with your ASP.Net project?
What about taming that C# or VB application that you're using?
Ready for a web site that integrates with your internal point of sale system?
Send me a note and I'll be glad to assist you.
How is your technology making you more efficient and profitable today? You need a partner who can understand both the business need and the technology available to meet the need.
★ Combines technology education, certification, and experience (close to 15 years) with business education, knowledge, and understanding
★ Distinct ability to discuss complex technologies without all the jargon
★ Ability to bring the right people together both business and technical, including the stakeholders, to ensure project success
★ Trained in Agile and Scrum framework for the optimization of development process
★ Strong communication skills including ability to train and do presentations
★ Constantly seeking ways to improve efficiency of business
★ Entrepreneurial mindset
Experience base in many industries including:
★ Financial Services
★ Real Estate
★ Commercial Mortgage
★ Medical Diagnostics
★ and many others.
It is time that we start focusing on a simple question: 'What technology solutions make the business more efficient and effective?'.
Lenexa ToastMasters Club
Vice President - Public Relations July 2010 - June 2011
Prepared Speech Judge - National ChampionshipJune 2010
Lenexa Citizen Police Academy
The goals of the Citizens' Police Academy are to educate the community about the structure and activities of the police department and to give attendees the opportunity to meet and interact with the officers of the department.
Project Link It Forward
Project: Link It Forward is a free/no cost workshop for those out of work, laid off, unemployed, or will be laid off.
Lenexa Vision 2030 Education Task Force
Lenexa Vision 2030 is the city’s grass-roots-driven strategic visioning effort, which was developed as a result of the city’s commitment to community involvement and strategic planning.
Small Group Leader/Coach/Trainer2004-2007
Youth Volunteer Leader
Youth and Family Chairperson2002