- Developed proprietary architecture for support of industry specific peripherals, based on a custom serial digital interface. Supervised programmable core logic design for the Main Board. Developed and launched for manufacturing custom peripheral boards to support external electro-mechanical components.
- Developed conceptual designs. Completed design and documentation of assemblies, block diagrams, and manufacturing packages (Gerber files, manufacturing instructions and specifications), Bills of Materials, bid analysis and recommendations, building of prototypes, test methodology and manuals.
- Participated in the determination and identification of improvements and optimizations to operations, both in-house and with OEM’s.
- Increased economy and manufacturability of the products by optimizing product structures, BOM and assembly drawings and DFM coordination.
- Created initial conceptual and main electronics design of a micro controller based paper money acceptor. Developed hardware prototype demonstrating feasibility of the marketed product line. Achieved successful patent applications for several products by working closely with Patent Lawyers. Facilitated initial management (remotely) of the electronic hardware design.
2011 - Present
- Delivered independent contractual services for various customers. Projects included various custom LED lighting solutions. Initial research for medical monitoring; initial research for transportable automated equipment for organ fitness exercise and assessment; electronics and programming solutions for an electric wheelchair/lifter combo.
- Designed and developed ultrasound medical measurement and data collection equipment. Portable prenatal heart rate and breathing monitor. Ultrasound bone growth monitoring and computerized data collection.
- Led development and deployment of innovative custom Game Platforms. Managed deployments with system validation and integration. Coordinated mechanical and thermal design requirements for enclosures and mounting. The Main Boards utilised mobile embedded solutions: VIA Technologies, Intel and AMD. Advanced graphics solutions were based on ATi/AMD, Intel, S3 Graphics and Cirrus Logic. Peripheral communications included PCIe, PCI, AGP, and mini-PCI, PC/104, USB, Ethernet and EIA232/422/485.
- Designed and deployed in-house custom testing and burn-in systems for development and production of peripheral circuit board. Coordinated quality assurance of the turn-key assembly of boards.
- Successfully launched into production portable platform for cloud based music distribution service. It included BlackFin DSP based H/W WiFi platform running customized uCLinux with proprietary BSP, drivers and firmware. Implemented multipurpose self-diagnostics in the remote hardware. Introduced long-range bi-directional RF remote control based on TI/ChipCon and MSP430.
- Pioneered design of a high speed peripheral board with combined functionality and USB3.0 connectivity. It provided interfaces for UHS-I SD and CF cards, high speed battery backed-up SRAM, Smart Card security, dual COM ports and ESD-safe I/O ports.
- Designed custom cost effective multiband hi-fi electro-acoustic sound system for videogame cabinet.
- Escalated developer status of JVL to Registered, or Silver level with Intel, AMD, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, Renesas, Infineon, Sony, Freescale, ON Semi, NXP, Analog Devices, Maxim/Dallas, Cirrus Logic, and Cypress Semi. Managed proprietary technical information exchange.
- Engaged Avnet, Arrow Electronics, Future Electronics, Farnell, Digi-Key, TTI, Allied Electronics, Mouser and Heilind. Established and developed business with local and world-wide PCB suppliers, board assembly companies, connector, cable and harness manufacturers and vendors, including TE Connectivity (Tyco), Molex, FCI, JST, Hirose and JAE. Led and coordinated OEM development with off-shore manufacturers and subcontract developers.
- Established productive relationships with international Safety and EMC compliance authorities and achieved North American and European compliance for all company products.
- Demonstrated negotiation, facilitation and brokering skills with diplomacy, judgment and creativity.
College of Industrial Automation