Beech Tree Podiatry
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, and test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat, clean, and well stocked.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, taking their history of health concern regarding their visit.
- Obtain authorization for drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, or physician's’ instructions to the patients.
- Assist in collecting biopsies and cultures.
- Assist physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials, or performing such tasks as drawing up syringes and removing dressings and sutures.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests
- Operate x-ray or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Take inventory and stock medical, lab, and/or office supplies.
- Knowledge and use of EMR.
- Help coordinate and train new medical assistants in the practice.