- Develop top line campaign messaging. Manage digital engagement, email and website content. Organize and supervise field activities, manage public communications for ballot measure to regulate short-term rentals in San Francisco as part of national ShareBetter campaign. http://www.sharebettersf.com
Yes on G, Anti-Speculation
- Directed, planned and organized campaign for groundbreaking measure to stop real speculation driving San Francisco's housing crisis.
- Drafted and implemented a campaign plan and budget, oversaw fundraising and spending, hired and managed campaign staff, and was lead spokesperson. Directed polling, research, online organizing and paid media.
2013 - 2014
Barbary Coast Consulting
- Created and executed public affairs strategies including communications, outreach, lobbying, messaging and media relations for a range of clients including private industry, public entities, political and non-profit organizations throughout Northern California.
- Built consensus for public policies and private initiatives by engaging elected officials, community groups, advocacy organizations and the media.
2012 - 2013
Director of Communications
California Association of Public Hospitals
- Developed statewide media campaign highlighting and positioning public hospitals for implementation of federal health care reform, served as lead spokesperson.
- Managed communications team, oversaw production of all organizational communications, including website, advocacy materials, press releases, op-eds and reports.
2008 - 2012
Office of Assemblymember Tom Ammiano
- Created communications strategies and developed messaging for organizing campaigns in support of progressive legislation that included legalization of marijuana, LGBT rights, same sex marriage, domestic worker rights and federal immigration/detention reform.
- Cultivated and maintained relationships with local and national reporters in traditional and new media, secured media coverage in national, local and international outlets.
- Developed and managed media and PR strategies, including producing press releases and op-ed pieces, crafting pitches and coordinating media events. Initiated social media presence and strategy for office.
2005 - 2008
Safety Network Partnership
- Supervised staff of 13 to implement citywide public safety community organizing initiative.
- Managed $2. 4 million city contract, oversaw program budget and external communication.
Yes on N/Yes on Q
- Directed campaign for two successful local revenue measures; a property transfer tax and payroll expense tax. Managed field campaign, fundraising efforts and oversaw volunteer coordination. Crafted messaging, handled all media inquiries and public presentations
2004 - 2005
Director of Research and Communication
San Francisco Human Services Network
- Researched key policy issues and legislation, composed and distributed policy analysis for citywide coalition of member social service nonprofit agencies.
Public Policy Director
Matt Gonzalez for Mayor
- Managed eight-person team charged with the research, writing, and creation of public policy initiatives for local mayoral campaign. Coordinated responses to general public, press inquiries regarding mayoral policy and handled media relations for policy inquiries.
2001 - 2002
South of Market Community Action Network
- Directed initial start-up and creation of new neighborhood-based advocacy organization focused on community development issues in low-income areas.
2000 - 2001
San Francisco Neighborhood Partnership
- Developed community organizing campaigns focused on land use planning, public safety, and affordable housing targeting low-income and communities of color.
San Francisco State University