Case Manager/Project Manager
City & County of San Francisco -Human Services Agency
- Supervises, assigns, reviews, leads, facilitates and participates in groups, community meetings, teams, committees, units and is independently responsible for a variety of duties including:
- developing and preparing program procedural and policy manuals
- conducting in-service and induction training for employees
- reviewing and monitoring staff compliance with Federal and State regulations
- interpreting and analyzing Federal, State and local policy and legislative letters and information notices
- researching and developing policy, procedural and best practice recommendations.
- When assigned to the SSI Case Management Program, incumbents:
- develop and prepare program procedural manuals, conduct in-service and induction training for employees and review and oversee the quality control function
- interpret and explain Social Security Regulations to clients and to HSA staff
- provide comprehensive case management to hard-to-serve clients with disabling medical and mental health conditions that includes conducting initial screening and assessment, coordinating assessments by medical and mental health practitioners, providing summaries of clients' functional limitations, and making collateral contacts with representatives of the Social Security Administration and California Department of Social Services.
- coordinating and providing training
- recommending and assisting in the implementation of goals and objectives
- reviewing and evaluating staff performance, client case management practices, and unit operations and activities
- recommending improvements and modifications as appropriate
- participating in the preparation and administration of the unit budget and monitoring expenditures
- participating in community and professional groups and committees
- composing and preparing manuals, program policies and procedures and correspondence to staff, clients, state agencies and others
- gathering and analyzing statistical data; and preparing various reports using Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access database.