Served as a consultant with a primary focus on utility emergency management. Specializes in re-designing crisis communications processes, developing Incident Command System-based organizational structures, and supporting the functional exercise design process. Work centers on process development and improvement, change management, and exercise design/facilitation to test roles, responsibility, and accountability.
- Supported company-wide implementation of Incident Command System (ICS) at all seven American Electric Power (AEP) operating companies including ICS-based response process development/improvements, training, tabletop and functional exercises.
- Supported upgrade of emergency response processes in response to regulatory requirements to use ICS; implemented tabletop exercises and a high-level functional exercise to test new processes.
- Led enterprise-wide functional exercises for Iberdrola USA (now Avangrid) in 2014-2017.
- Contributed to the re-design of crisis communications processes at Connecticut Light & Power.
- Worked with Pepco Holdings, Inc. to conduct Tabletop and Functional exercises.
- Reviewed and suggested/incorporated process and organizational improvements to emergency plans at AEP, Ameren, First Energy, Pacific Gas & Electric, Pepco Holdings, Inc., San Diego Gas & Electric, SMEPA, Toronto Hydro, and other utilities.
- Supported post storm audits and writing storm reports for Toronto Hydro and Nova Scotia Power.
- Facilitated and wrote a final report for a communications roundtable that included utilities that have successfully executed leading communications practices throughout the industry.