A strategic communicator with a proven track record for utilizing non-traditional communication avenues to achieve customer satisfaction.Proficient in translating complex topics into understandable consumer language.
Apr 2012 - Present
Associate Consultant & Marketing Manager
Serve as firm’s marketing professional responsible for managing existing marketing initiatives and identifying emerging areas.Manage an approximate $160,000 marketing budget and strategically determine the funding appropriate for each marketing initiative to produce optimal value.Regularly write marketing content, review and edit reports, and develop Request for Proposal (RFP) material.Serve as a consultant specializing in corporate communications, traditional and social media relations respective to change management and process improvements in utility companies’ asset management and emergency management practices.
- Developed a strategic marketing plan – Clearly mapped out ways to position the firm as an industry thought leader and leverage existing and new opportunities into client projects.
- Managed an extensive website redesign – Developed new and rewrote existing content while liaising with an external graphic design company on the layout.
- Reviewed and/or (re)wrote 25 utility plans, processes, and procedure documents to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Planned and supervised firm’s Asset Management and Emergency Management Executive Forums – Responsible for budgets, internal and external correspondence, logistics, attendee packets, and official participant dinners.
Feb 2009 - Apr 2012
Social Media Representative
Served as a Pepco media contact responsible for disseminating relevant information while protecting the integrity of the company during crisis and non-crisis situations. Produced cogent internal and external communications pieces; press releases, web content, customer newsletter articles, employee publication articles, as well as media and customer care talking points.Created and delivered thorough monthly communications reports for the Executives and Board of Directors.
Managed the planning and execution of effective and evolving social media programs for PHI’s three electric utility distributing companies; Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Delmarva Power (DPL), and Pepco.Served as the primary representative in the management of the Pepco region’s (Washington, DC, Prince George’s County, and Montgomery County) social media presence and online customer interaction.Worked with various internal departments and subject matter experts to strategically write and publish blog posts resulting in the engagement with and education of customers and other stakeholders about business practices, programs, and other beneficial and relevant stakeholder information.Directed and edited video scripts and recorded video for all official PHI YouTube channels.Compiled reports focusing primarily on metrics around social media activity, sentiment analysis and change, and program marketing penetration.Supervised the representatives managing the ACE and DPL region social media programs.Regularly researched trends to ensure PHI remained a leader in the social media space.Advised nonrelated utilities and other external organizations on how to utilize social media strategies and best practices to improve communications and customer satisfaction.
- Managed media relationships that resulted in earned media – (March 24, 2011) Washington City Paper’s Best of DC 2011 Goods & Services; (August 29, 2010) Forbes;(July 28, 2010) Washington Post Style Section
- Effectively reached out to customers, media, legislators, and regulators, while serving as a company point of contact. This resulted in the adjustment of negative customer sentiment to mainly neutral customer sentiment according to a 2010 Stanton Communications study
- Successfully transformed PHI’s media gathering process resulting in savings in approximately 5000 labor hours and $8000 in vendor costs per year.
- Wrote a detailed social media strategy for PHI’s three electric utility distributing companies
- Established Pepco’s social media presence from inception (February 2009) to approximately 3,604 Twitter followers, 73,746 YouTube views, 43,090 Facebook views, and 25,373 Blog views
- Achieved and surpassed PHI’s social media goal of crisis management.Expanded the program into a multifaceted communications channel primarily focused on customer satisfaction, customer education, crisis communications and program/product marketing
- Received the 2010 Public Relations Society of America, National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) Thoth award in the Online Communications category for PHI’s social media program
- Named 2010 Silver SABRE Award Finalist in the Industrial and Manufacturing category by The Holmes Group for social media response during the July 2010 summer storms
- Invited to and presented at 12 social media strategy and best practices events including conferences, webinars and panels
- Featured as a writer on General Motors' (GM) corporate blog for PHI's electric vehicle partnership with GM
Jun 2007 - Jul 2010
Associate Media Representative
Served as company’s media contact responsible for disseminating relevant information while protecting the integrity of the company during crisis and non-crisis situations. Produced cogent internal and external communications pieces; press releases, web content, customer newsletter articles, employee publication articles, as well as media and customer care talking points.Created and delivered thorough monthly communications reports for the Executives and Board of Directors.
- Strategically coordinated approximately 70% of the media interviews during the infamous February 2010 winter blizzard
- Served on the project team that developed and managed the planning and logistics of ZooLights at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Zoological Park
- Successfully created a comprehensive media contact database for media outreach efforts and press release distribution
- Created the Pepco Holdings, Inc., Edison Place Art Gallery Guide Book and Application Process documents