I am an Instructional Designer with a background in Human Resources and Management. Excellent analytical and design skills and proven proficiency in utilizing the ADDIE model and adult learning theories. A natural multi-tasker who enforces and achieves deadlines and has developed an appreciation for the interdependency of organizational departments and personnel functions. I am able to visualize the big picture while operating independently at the local level.
Feb 2010 - Present
International Hispanic Online University
- Function as Instructional Designer and Project Manager for continued development of online courses.
- Collaboratively work with assigned Subject Matter Experts (SME) and other Instructional Designers on the development and implementation of online courses.
- Create and supervise Quality Assurance processes.
- Use BrainHoney learning platform, ISpring, Google Docs, Manymoon, Audacity, PowerPoint, StudyMate, and Captivate to develop online courses.
May 2010 - Oct 2010
Project Management Intern
- Project Management assistant in the deployment of a new learning management system (LMS).
- Coordinated logistics for work groups, executive decision groups, and end user focus groups.
- Assisted with research and solution around open items concerning software configuration, such as learner and manager notifications, eLearning catalog set-up options, ILT enrollments, posting eLearning content, and curriculum set-up in the LMS.
- Created system demonstrations using Captivate.
Sep 2006 - Aug 2008
- Employee Relations
- Training and performance management for staffs as large as 120 employees.
- Designed, developed and delivered new hire orientations, professional development trainings, and employee retention programs.
- Liaison between leadership, upper-level management, and support staff.
Aug 2008 - Present
M.A in Instructional Design
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Capstone projects include a Dispatcher New Hire Training program, through which I conducted a complete front-end analysis, authored a full design plan, developed all curriculum components (including Flash modules), and crafted a four-level evaluation strategy. I also designed and developed English as a second language training program for non-native hospitality workers, using Captivate, Flash and Adobe Presenter.
- Instructional Systems Development I (Design and Development)
- Instructional Systems Development II (Analysis and Evaluation)
- Fundamentals of Training and Development
- Learning Communications
- The Adult Learner
- Survey of Instructional Technology Applications
- Multimedia Project Management
- ISD Project Seminar (complete ISD development process )
- Internship in Project Management at the SunTrust Bank