I am a Sophomore History Major working towards a Minor in Education and Italian
Aug 2009 - Present
I am a full time student seeking experience as an intern in a nonprofit organization that emphasizes education. I have a genuine interest in a future career in the nonprofit sector and I am looking to gain knowledge of the business, development, and fund raising aspects of this field. I have experience in a number of volunteer organizations in the Nashville, TN and Charlotte, NC areas where I have gained valuable communication and leadership skills while working with diverse groups of individuals. Through nonprofit organizations such as Young Life, the Boys and Girls club, and on campus service projects, I have learned how to be both a leader and a team player. I believe I can contribute these skills, as well as my passion for helping others, to an organization that has a goal of improving education in the community.
I am seeking an internship in the nonprofit sector while looking to simultaneously explore my interest in education.
Nov 2009 - Present
- Work with a team of four leaders to mentor to high school students in a local Charlotte public high school
- Coordinate and plan weekly activities for high school students
Aug 2010 - Present
- Provide welcome and tours to large groups of prospective college freshmen
- Answer questions and offer advice to parents of prospective freshmen
May 2010 - Aug 2010
Intern to Children and Youth Director
- Assisted Director in the planning and leading of 19 youth to a work mission trip
- Organized four community service projects for a group of eight middle school students
- Created monthly newsletters and bulletin boards for church members
Computer and Social Media
A brief course paper on a service learning project that focused on active citizenship.
A sample of a Newsletter I created for the members of a church congregation during an internship with a Children's Director