- Translation of technical terms & terminology, and must ensure that they are accurate and remain
consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Assist Labour Support Unit (LSU) in advertising jobs, downloading CVs, long listing, short listing and conducting interview.
- coordinating with the Guard room to bring candidates in the venue.
- conducting interview of translators as a panel member with the ISAF British Forces' LSU member.
- Screening, reference and background checking of interpreters/ translators in close coordination with MOI and NDS.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as legal
- Check original texts such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports or confer with authors to
ensure that translations retain the content, meaning and feeling of the original material.
- Adapt translations to students' cognitive and grade levels, collaborating with educational team members
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting
changes in circumstances or events.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Refer to reference materials such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized
terminology banks as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
- Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or in words
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation.
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions.
- Providing clients with a grammatical, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a
- Using the internet and email as research tools throughout the translation process;
- Identify and resolve conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors.
- Compile information about the content and context of information to be translated, as well as details of
the groups for whom translation or Interpretation is being performed.
- Assist mangers and other staffs in translating technical materials into Specified languages.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the
public, government, and other external sources.
Supervise all Translation/ Interpretation at class and ensures appropriate translation/ Interpretation are
made as required.
- Providing support to all recruitment related issues with CPEF/ DynCorp.
- Provides oversight, administrative controls and regular appraise to the other Language Assistant on all
aspects of project activities in the Region, including FOBs’ personnel on the field.
- conducting all interview of the candidate and coordinating the venue with the candidates and preparing all interview sheet for the panel members. Provides direct liaison with Afghan Battalion Commanders of CPEF and DynCorp International
- Assist in developing the HR manual of CPEF.
- keeping good track of Annual/ Sick Leave records and sharing the updated copy with the Finance on monthly basis.
- Preparing the monthly payroll of the staff and giving a good back up to Finance.
- Work and instruct closely with other Language Assistant in order to receive capacity building and
linguist training in the class.
- Liaising with Field-based Senior Language Assistant to ensure accurate translation and interpretation
service is provided.
- To undertake other task as required.