Use my skills and experiences as a healthcare sales executive for a progressive healthcare technology company.
Highly successful clinical health-care information technology sales professional with both sales and clinical expertise. Analyzing client needs and requirements and helping to craft solutions to fit those needs. Call points range from C-Suite executives to departmental administrators. Experience in providing both product and topical presentations to prospects, clients and industry groups. Following a strategic selling methodology to prospect, identify and close deals in numerous high profile accounts in both the hospital and reference laboratory markets. Strong technical background with key knowledge of such important current topics as business analytics, HIE integration, laboratory business and operation process redesign and optimization using information technology.Proven ability to understand complex solutions and create an easy to understand value proposition for buyers throughout the organization. Diverse work history from the worlds largest health-care corporation, to community hospital providers and large multi-hospital health systems.
Aug 2011 - Present
Information Solutions National and Strategic Account Director
Responsible for the sales roll out of bioMerieux's innovative clinical microbiology middle-ware solution in Eastern US and Canadian Regions. Working with field sales, North American Management and product development and delivery to craft a strategy to insure market penetration and growth. Specific Duties and achievements include:
- 2013 Sales Representative of Year
- 2013 President's Club Achievement Winner
- 111% of quota YTD for FY 2014 which includes an 87.8% increase YOY.
- Number One Ranked Sales Region for for first half of 2012, accounting for 45% more sales based on bookings numbers than the other regions during the same period.
- Achieved over 150% of quota in FY 2012.
- Provided training for all field sales representatives. Helping to ensure uniform position and an increased value proposition, resulting in a doubling of the average selling price.
- Worked directly with product delivery to insure a smooth transition and shortened time to project go live.
Mar 2011 - Aug 2011
Responsible for assisting with drafting and execution of Autonomy's expansion into the healthcare market space. This included provide direction selection of product solutions applicable for the healthcare mamarket, messaging and pricing.
Apr 2007 - Mar 2011
Sr. Product Sales Specialist
Responsible for driving sales as a laboratory subject matter expert and product expert. Expertise in customer facing presentations and product demonstrations designed to drive the sales process. Role included in-depth pre-sale clinical workflow assessments, which were used tactically in demonstration preparation. Product Development responsibilities included gap analysis and enhancement recommendations. Consulted with Vice President of Operations on Business Strategy opportunities including partnerships and acquisitions.
- Responsible for all but one sale that closed during the first 3 quarters of FY 2011, achieving 129% of quota in 9 months.
- Achieved 149% of quota in FY 2010 (quota capped at 150%)
- Redesigned the Benefits Realization Study (ROI Study) and assessment process to ensure that it matched the products suite's value proposition. Resulting in a 25% increase in win rate.
- Created and rolled out the sales process and demonstration for two new products in the suite ensuring the understanding of the value proposition and could integrate these new products into the sales cycle.
- Redesigned the demonstration flow to better highlight the product strengths and competitors' weaknesses and match prospects needs for all modules of the solution suite leading to improved client feedback post demonstration and improved overall win rate to almost 75%.
Aug 2005 - Apr 2007
Laboratory Product Specialist
Worked with prospects and McKesson Client Executives in the West and Corporate Accounts to identify and close sales of new Horizon Lab deals. Provided customer facing presentations and product demonstrations to help further the sales process. Negotiated contracts with customers for the purchase of Horizon Lab solutions. Worked in a team selling environment to help further the process of integrated sales opportunities with other McKesson Clinical and Non-Clinical products.
- Developed an underserviced territory gaining significant leads and closing several large and significant deals. Developed territory from 0 qualified leads to closing over $2.5 Million in software, services and hardware.
- Developed reference accounts within the West territory to future aid the sales process.
- Signed the first ever remote hosted contract for product suite helping the business unit prove the viability of this option, opening the door to new markets for the solution set.
Apr 2004 - Aug 2005
Supported sales as a laboratory subject matter expert and product expert. Providing customer facing presentations and product demonstrations to assist in the sales process. Working with product development to identify product gaps and help provide direction for future product enhancements, partnerships and acquisitions. Supporting sales on site visits and identifying appropriate reference accounts based on specific customer business needs
Jul 2001 - Apr 2004
Director of Product Marketing
Overall product marketing direction for McKesson Laboratory Products including Horizon Lab, AdVantage, and PathLab III. Developed marketing messages and materials to support the sales process. Worked with development to provide product direction to aid with future sales. Evaluated potential business partners to enhance the overall product competitiveness. Competitive analysis and positioning for Horizon Lab. Developed collaterals and sales tools used in the selling for Horizon Lab. Plan and implemented tradeshows to high light Horizon Lab. Developed tools to support reference site visits including, Site Visit Books and Customer profiles. Coordinated cross marketing opportunities with other clinical product marketing representatives to achieve inclusion of Horizon Lab in broader clinical messages. In addition to Horizon Lab also performed product marketing on an interim basis for Horizon Meds Manager, Horizon Radiology Manger, and Horizon Care Record.
- Developed the product launch strategy for Horizon Lab and Horizon Blood Bank. Insuring introduction to market and providing visibility to the solutions. Provided all writing brochures, fact sheets and white papers as customer facing sales tools, resulting in a 340% increase in customer base from 2001-2004.
- Developed customer reference sites to help aid in the sales process by providing a consistent site visit experience for prospective clients, increasing win rate from 10% to over 50%.
- Created the Laboratory-Pharmacy integration strategy and messaging that has become the hallmark of sales process for this solution suite, leading to a significant increase in the play rate in large enterprise deals.
- Created the laboratory patient safety strategy, messaging, and product requirements. This introduced a new category of integrated positive patient identification solutions that have since been emulated by all of our major competitors.
- Instrumental in the rise of Horizon Lab from number 8 in KLAS to number 1.
Apr 1999 - Jul 2001
Director of Laboratory Services
Alliance Laboratory Services
Overall management of laboratory operations for two hospitals in the Health Alliance System. Responsible for Performance Improvement, Financial performance, Operating and Capital budget development, hiring, retention and evaluation of employees. Work to assure that high quality laboratory services are delivered throughout the continuum of care within the Health Alliance. Member of numerous teams, including Point of Care Steering Committee, St. Luke Laboratory Management Team, Performance Improvement Team, Alliance Laboratory Leadership Forum, and the Clinical Practice Committee.
Mar 1996 - Mar 1999
Director of Diagnostic Services
Clark Regional Medical Center
Integrated Laboratory, Radiology, and Respiratory Care into one Diagnostic Department. Developed and marketed new services. Reviewed managed care contracts for facility. Participate in numerous multidisciplinary teams. Responsible for CQI, Financial performance, Operating and Capital budget development, hiring, retention and evaluation of employees. Ordering and negotiating for capital equipment to improve operational efficiency. Implemented Radiology Information System. President Elect of CLMA Bluegrass Chapter Board of Directors. Member of ABX Hematology Executive Board of Directors.
Feb 1990 - Mar 1996
Admin. Dir. Laboratory/Business Office Manager
Dale Medical Center
Marketing hospital laboratory services to clients, Hiring and evaluation of personnel, Writing procedures and manuals, Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, Ordering and procuring equipment and supplies, Contract negotiation and compliance management with clients and vendors, Quality Assurance activities for the laboratory, Technical and administrative direction of all laboratory testing. Also, additional duties related to the business office. These include the management of billing, Collections, and Admitting personnel. Responsible for implementing new billing information system and admitting procedures. Member of Shared Service GPO Laboratory Committee.