Travel, Exercise, Outdoor activities, Writing, Extreme Sports, Events, Celebrity News
I recently relocated to San Francisco from San Diego -- and I am looking for an amazing opportunity...
As a member of the San Francisco Examiner's marketing and events team and an editor/writer and marketing assistant for Karyn Buxman & Greg Godek Creations, I've developed my talent and expertise in writing and public relations. My interest in these fields were heightened during my internships with KFMB News 8 and Formula PR, which improved my skills in broadcast and print journalism and enabled me to gain work experience in writing and production of television news.
I am well-versed in electronic communications and like to keep current with technology trends. I enjoy working as a team and my experience in the service industry has prepared me to work well under pressure. I constantly find myself juggling multiple jobs, which has enabled me to become great at multitasking. I thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy challenging projects that test my creativity and skills.
My passion is travel and I am extremely interested in social networking. My work overseas for International Student Volunteers (ISV), as well as my time as an Exchange Student and experience traveling in over 35 countries, has greatly expanded my knowledge of different cultures and allowed me to develop several other life skills such as independence, flexibility and creativity. My position for ISV trained me extensively in public speaking and my passion for traveling and experience overseas cultivated communication skills through contact with people around the world.
Oct 2010 - Present
Marketing and Events
* Responsible for the set up and break down of equipment, booths and signage at marketing events as well as the distribution of promotional materials, interaction with clients, readers and general public.
* Traveling to various events, festivals and venues throughout San Francisco to promote The Examiner and its advertisers
Aug 2008 - Sep 2010
Marketing Assistant/ Editor
* Assisted in all aspects of marketing, research and editing for Karyn Buxman and the Journal of Nursing Jocularity (JNJ) including; Managed Bureau mailing marketing campaign, identified target markets, compiled data and conductive expansive research in niche markets
* Proofread and copy-edited websites and helped achieve a strong, visible social media presence and develop concepts with viral potential.
* Keep up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in online social networking and monitor online public relations and ensure the success of client programs.
* Maintained a database of testimonials, communicated with clients and assisted with all other daily needs and demands
* Assisted in the research for Greg Godek's new series of underground bestsellers; the "Simple Simon" series of business fables
* Edited a vast archive of materials in the Simple Simon Archives including the title How to be Mildly Brilliant, a series of business fables about applied creativity and innovations
Feb 2005 - Sep 2010
Brand Ambassador / Trainer
* Led the marketing referral program with local hotels, schools and businesses, implementing several different marketing strategies and generating rewards for businesses in order to gain repeat clientele
* Managed the training program for new employees by going over paperwork, proper procedures and leading follow shifts in order to ensure knowledge of industry standards
2008 - 2010
Assistant Editor/ Administrative Assistant
* Proofread and copy-edited speaking material and information manuals
* Created and edited video projects for YouTube and use as speaking material
* Organized client information and maintained Telemagic and Cardscan databasis
* Gained extensive knowledge in Iphoto and Imovie through One-to-One sessions for video editing
* Conducted research and obtained information on several projects such as adding items to Amazon, trademarking and assigning ISBN's and UPC's
Feb 2007 - Jun 2007
* Developed enhanced public speaking skills by delivering presentations at high school assemblies and lecture halls at universities across Australia
* Coordinated and conducted meetings with students, high school principles and career counselors in order to promote our volunteer and travel abroad programs
2007 - 2007
* Developed and implemented PR programs and gained experience in marketing as a Team Leader for Cricket Communications promotions
2005 - 2005
* Gained work experience in news writing, reporting and production of the morning news
1999 - 2002
Community Service Leader
City of Orange Recreation Department
* Managed citywide special events and provided direction, supervision and support for youth ages five to thirteen
2001 - 2005
Bachelor of Communications
* Graduated summa cum laude with a 3.9 cumulative GPA
* Member of Lambda Pi Eta (Communication Honor Society), Phi Eta Sigma (National Honor Society), National Deans List, Phi Beta Kappa (Academic Honor Society) and PRSSA
Mar 2004 - Nov 2004
* International Programs Exchange Student
* Member of International Students Association and Golden Key International Honour Society