Jan 2011 - Present
Technical Delivery Lead
- Managed all aspects of the client relationship throughout the project lifecycle for a set of identified customers in a region, from a professional services perspective: pre-sales, implementation and solution deployment, ongoing support and supporting new services sales
- Defined project plans, reviewed architecture documents, managed project requirements, estimates, and deadlines and identified product enhancements.
- Led multiple complex projects and worked to enhance and evolve the implementation methodology.
- Managed multiple teams of consultants including technical delivery, administration, resource allocation and billability.
- Managed internal and customer escalations, issues and risks, project status and milestones.
- Enhanced project delivery and account administration processes and reported overall status to senior management.
Apr 2010 - Dec 2010
Technical Project Manager
- Defined enterprise software roadmap based on market research and business needs.
- Enforced and ensured standards, technology best practices and proven efficient processes.
- Contributed to the planning and decisions that ensured a market-leading product position.
- Managed IT solution delivery cycle, requirements, implementation, resources, priorities, budget and closure.
- Created and executed project work plans and revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Worked closely with teams in various departments to meet aggressive timelines and high quality standards.
- Managed the technical aspects, project risks and issues, testing and validation of enterprise software applications.
- Designed, architected various SaaS based scalable software platform integrated with other enterprise applications.
Jan 2008 - Mar 2010
- Managed complete project implementation life cycle including business requirements, analysis, solution design, development, QA, implementation and support for J2EE Enterprise Application.
- Managed client relationship, resource and capacity planning, scope of work to be performed, resource assignments, and other client issues during the course of the implementation and integration.
- Recognized and resolved problems in all stages of the development process and provided timely aggregated product development status to all the stakeholders.
- Increased customer satisfaction by improving software usability and quality.
- Managed, mentored and inspired the onsite and offshore technical project team members.
Jun 2005 - Dec 2007
Lead Technical Consultant
- Led technical project teams within the Public and Commercial sectors of the organization.
- Managed tasks including software architecture, development and implementation of highly scalable, configurable, multi-tenant-efficient SaaS platform based client-server and web-based enterprise applications.
- Architected, developed, deployed and supported highly scalable, highly available global enterprise application systems for large organizations including US Air Force, Computer Associates, McKinsey, Royal Bank of Canada, New York Life, General Dynamics.
- Managed project timelines, individual developer modules and builds for the technical team, communication with the functional teams in-house and at the customer end.
- Designed, architected and developed complex “Software-on-demand” - SaaS J2EE Enterprise Applications and customizations using Java, Oracle, PL/SQL, Struts, Spring and Flex.
- Administered and deployed enterprise applications on JBoss, BEA Weblogic, IBM WebSphere and Oracle OAS.
- Implemented complex interfaces and solutions integrating with external systems including Single Sign-on, LDAP, Documentum, SAP, PeopleSoft and other client systems.
Jun 2004 - May 2005
Lead Web Application Developer
- Studied the system requirements, high level design and the system architecture documents for the Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) digital library system of education-related resources.
- Managed ERIC content using Documentum 5 repository & content server having the metadata information in XML.
- Developed web based modules using MVC Model 2 architecture, JSP, Servlet, Documentum Foundation Classes (DFC) and WebLogic 8.1 to import the metadata XML files and the content PDF documents into Documentum.
- Designed and developed Servlet application deployed on Tomcat server for retrieving and writing ERIC documents from and to the Documentum docbase using DFC and Documentum Query Language (DQL).
- Designed and developed document indexing and information retrieval workbench web application system using Nstein indexing technology for indexing, categorization, concept extraction and summarization of ERIC documents.
- Designed, created and installed new workflow templates using the Documentum Workflow Manager and implemented the back-office workflow web application system using DFC, DQL, JSP and Weblogic.
- Used Documentum DA to setup the ERIC workflow event auditing, configured and worked with the Documentum Java Method Server to invoke Documentum server-side methods implemented in Java.
Sep 2002 - Jun 2004
Lead J2EE Developer
- Modeled the logical schema (ER diagrams) using ERWin design software and created a fine-tuned high performance database in Oracle 9i.
- Developed and deployed an enterprise system on WebLogic 8.1 using EJB and Java Server Pages.
- Created the sub-systems comprising of several Stateful Session Beans and Message-Driven Beans.
- Applied the Façade, Factory and Model-View-Controller (MVC) design patterns for designing the enterprise system.
- Used the WebLogic Workshop 8.1 for developing the EJB sub-systems.
- Used Apache Ant, CVS, JProbe, Astra QuickTest, Astra LoadTest for the development and testing of the complete enterprise system and used XML Spy to validated the XML deployment descriptors.
- Used Java Security package and SHA one-way digital signature algorithm for the encryption of the password to be stored in the Oracle database.
- Developed a secured web application using JSP following the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the industry-standard Unified Modeling Language (UML) design.
- Provided application managed user authentication and used Secure Sockets Layer and X.509 Digital Certificates.
Jun 2001 - May 2002
Concourse Information Technology International Limited
- Built a thread based network application using Java Network package, Swing to perform the task of Automatic Backup of the user specified data.
- Successfully tested the application for a Windows NT network comprising of 50 nodes.
- Designed and developed a complete web portal for a client named Aditya Automobiles, Nagpur.
- Analyzed the user requirements and studied the use cases for the design and development of the different modules of the complete system.
- Worked with teams responsible for development of inventory based products using Java, Java Swing and MS Access.
- Designed and developed modules implementing the database connectivity between Java and MS Access.
- Worked as a software and development support engineer for the company products.
Aug 2002 - May 2004
- Graduate Research Assistant, The George Washington University, Washington DC Oct 2002 – Jun 2004
- Scattering Analysis Interactive Dial-in Web Application (iSAID) – ITR NSF grant May 2003 – Jun 2004 Java Team Lead
- Evaluation of k-NN classification based summarization techniques May 2003 – Jun 2004 Java Developer and Researcher
- Statistical Website for National Science Foundation (NSF) awards’ data analysis Oct 2002 – April 2003 Lead Java/JSP Developer
- Masters Thesis in Text Summarization Algorithms.
- Specialized in Algorithms, Text Summarization and Data Mining.
Aug 1997 - May 2001