An accomplished, dedicated, and goal-oriented M.S Physics Candidate with an extensive background in laser, optics, ultrafast optics and atomic physics.
Aug 2010 - Present
Graduate Student Researcher
- Working with state-of-the-art Frequency Comb, Femtosecond Pulsed Laser.
- Perform Direct-Frequency-Comb-Spectroscopy (DFCS) of rare earth atoms (such as Samarium).
- Design and construct experiment to observe previously-unobserved hyperfine structure of Potassium.
- Working on enhanced DFCS using VIPA (Virtual Image Phased Array) and CCD Camera.
Jun 2007 - Aug 2010
- Derive and perform Q.C test plan for a versatile hardware platform for remote data collection (InteleCell).
- Design cross-platform system watchdog and visualization engine for convenient system monitoring.
- Optimize and build a new generation of sourceless motion-capture system based on asynchronous communication between different optical sensors.
- Design and prototyping Directed-Energy-Weapon sensor that can be mounted on a micro UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle).
Aug 2007 - Jan 2008
Experiment: Atomic Magnetometry
- Design and build ultra-low-noise current supply for diode-laser.
Jan 2006 - Jul 2007
Undergraduate Student Researcher
Experiment: Effect of External Electric Field upon Atomic Vapor Density of Cesium in Paraffin-Coated Cell.
- Optimize diode-laser system to observe absorption spectrum of Cesium.
- Program LabVIEW to perform data collection.
- Program LabVIEW to execute data analysis in real-time.
Experiment: Doppler-Free Saturation Spectroscopy of Rubidium.
- Perform precise optical alignment.
- Calibrate frequency of diode-laser to observe hyperfine structure of Rubidium.
Aug 2008 - Present
Master of Science
Master Degree Dissertation: Direction-Frequency-Comb-Spectroscopy of Potassium
May 2005 - May 2007
- Study the dynamics of atomic vapor density of vapor Cesium inside paraffin-coated glass cell under the effect of external field.
- Design LABVIEW program to perform automated data collection and analysis.
- Publication: Electric-field-induced change of alkali-metal vapor density in paraffin-coated cell