Matawan-Aberdeen Middle School Assistant Principal
Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District
- Develop the building master schedule for 900 students at Matawan-Aberdeen Middle School using Realtime software.
- Supervise the Middle School Language Arts department. Guide department through establishment of achievement goals, the identification of essential standards, the creation of common formative assessments, the analysis of assessment data, and monthly reviews of student writing products.
- Supervise the Middle School Social Studies department. Currently guiding the department in identification of essential standards, development of common formative assessments, and integration of digital technology to enhance learning.
- Actively advocate for and promote the integration of Web 2.0 technology in middle school classrooms through presenting at faculty meetings, organizing and leading after-school workshops for middle and high school staff, and providing ongoing support to individual teachers.
- Impact integration of technology into district classrooms as active member of District Technology Steering Committee.
- Conduct daily walkthroughs using McRel Classroom Instruction That Works and Power Walkthrough models. Member of district administrative team trained to use an I-Pad and the McRel program to record observations on instruction, and participate in data meetings with administrative team to analyze the data.
- Organize and facilitate online book studies with staff focused on best practices in teaching and learning. Past book studies with middle school staff have included Nancy Atwell’s The Reading Zone and Dr. Ross Greene’s Lost at School.
- Guide the implementation of the Professional Learning Community framework at the middle school. Continue to build shared knowledge of the PLC framework, foster consensus among staff, identify essential standards in each discipline, and develop common formative assessments.
- Leading middle school staff through first year of School to Watch initiative. Currently guiding staff through a self-assessment on four criteria of high performing schools using rubrics and rating sheets.
- Supervised Middle School Math Department during 2008-2009 school year. Facilitated professional dialogue focused on analysis of student assessment data, the NJCCCS Areas of Focus, and the implementation of new curriculum and online math textbooks. Collaborated with Director of Accountability in revision of grades 6, 7, and 8 math course sequence, and developed a system for placement of students using multiple measures.
- Conduct evaluations, and pre and post-observation conferences with 47 tenured and non-tenured teachers, promoting effective instructional methodologies and encouraging continual improvement.
- Serve with a second assistant principal as chief school disciplinarian of 900 students and provide consultation, conflict resolution, and discipline for students with attendance and behavior problems.
- Created and implemented lunch study program, positive student referrals, and "quote of the week" program to recognize and promote exemplary behavior among students.