Executive IT Leader experienced in IT transformational leadership in numerous industries from start-ups to global enterprises. Led large complex infrastructures, with staff over 100 in 60 global sites, and budgets ranging from $3m-$20m. Directed selection to implementation of large enterprise projects. Led engineering and management of systems, networks, telecom, data centers, databases, applications, helpdesk, messaging, DR, and security. Highly skilled in IT transformations: organizational effectiveness, technology alignment and planning, process implementation and metrics aimed at business outcomes.
Jul 2009 - Present
Director Systems Infrastructure
- Direct the systems organization to support the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- Design and engineer technical solutions, roadmaps, project management and operational support.
- Transformed a group of dysfunctional engineers into well respected team.
- Direct staff to support over 500 physical and virtual Windows/Linux/MAC servers
- PB of EMC/Netapp storage, running Oracle 10g/11g.
- Major projects: Virtualized 60 servers initially saving $20k, design encrypted storage and cloud solutions.
- Improved process and service reflected including reduction of service requests from hundreds to zero.
2008 - 2009
Manager Systems Administration
Mirror Image Internet
- Led systems infrastructure team, aligned business imperatives to technology investment and resources
- Developing a portfolio and resource management plan.
- Transformed IT to respect by replacing, coaching, mentoring, planning and executing on global projects.
- Manage over 600 global servers on VMware, Solaris, Redhat, Windows; EMC/HP storage running oracle 10g.
2005 - 2007
- Implemented systems: MS Project, Mobile Palm integration, Google AdWords, Service Magic, Win2k- Increased organizational effectiveness, staffed with experts, improved benefits, instilled professionalism - Extensive research, business plan and presentation for investors, testing and pilot programs.- Developed new prepackaged concept, products, codified and steam-lined estimating recapturing 20%
1999 - 2005
Deptartment Head, Infrastructure Systems and Operations
- Managed MITRE’s systems infrastructure, over 400 production systems running Windows, UNIX, Linux,
- Budget oversight $10m, 55 staff, 24x7 Data center operations supporting over 60+ global sites
- Awarded several corporate awards for implementing complex networks and infrastructures
- Assigned to three different departments to reorganize and improve faltering levels of service
- Management and implementation of storage systems on SAN and NAS infrastructures
- Selected and implemented 30 Video Conference collaboration rooms with sophisticated capabilities.
- Implemented Enterprise Management System to proactively monitor and manage IT services
- Oversaw selection and replacement of corporate campus PBX’s. Managed telecom and video teams.
- Selected to an elite team of leaders to develop MITRE’s new Leadership competency model
1994 - 1999
Director Technical Services
Tufts Health Plan
- Led all IT infrastructure teams to support business expansion from 300,000 members to over a million.
- Budget oversight of over 20 million dollars, 100 staff, 6 teams, 24x7 operations, multi-location-
- Management of Networks/Telecom, Systems, Messaging, Data center, DBA, Helpdesk, asset mgmt..
- Led growth of servers from 8 servers to over 150, 1000 desktops to over 3000 desktops and laptops
- Reorganized and improved performance of six different departments; improved overall credibility of IT
- Implemented enterprise change control process, SLA’s, security, BCP, Audits (NCQA, HIPPA, etc.).
- Developed and provided core Leadership in the Architecture Council and Project Priorities processes
1989 - 1994
Information Systems and Network Manager
Museum of Fine Arts Boston
- Created and led the IS Department, responsible IS management catalog, retail, and fulfillment operation.
- Developed IT strategic plan business development, responsible for all applications, systems and networks.
- Directed the programming staff to support all in-house development projects and third party software.