Mar 2011 - Present
Local Committee President
- Managed an eight member Board of Advisors.
- Developed and motivated Vice Presidents responsible for business development, alumni relations and promotions, human resources, internship management and finance.
- Oversaw the administration of the AIESEC Global Internship Program at UBC.
- Developed a strategic business plan for the 2011-2012 year.
- Oversaw hiring procedures and management of post-secondary student hired through the Federal Government's Canada Summer Jobs Program.
- Managed the Regional Fund for AIESEC chapters in Western Canada in my capacity as Regional Chair.
Jan 2011 - Aug 2012
- Created campus presence during high season.
- Posted and distributed flyers.
- Distributed leads for the local Kaplan Center.
May 2011 - Aug 2011
Human Resources Manager
- Drafted job descriptions for festival volunteers and posting them to various online sources.
- Recruiting volunteers from a wide range of sources.
- Interviewed applicants for volunteer positions.
- Determined scope of work performed by festival volunteers.
- Provided initial training for volunteers.
- Coordinated volunteer placement for numerous events.
- Liaised with team leaders to monitor ongoing performance of volunteers.
- Managed the team of summer interns.
- Set timelines for deliverables, reported team progress to the Festival Director and Coordinator and conducted performance evaluations for each intern.
Mar 2010 - Feb 2011
Vice President, Corporate Relations
- Developed an introductory training program and delivered training sessions for new volunteer Account Managers. Trained and re-trained Account Managers in new sales techniques as well as cold calling, networking events, conducting sales meetings with companies, administration of the Global Internship Program and the use of CRM software Salesforce.com.
- Tracked 13 volunteer Account Managers in their sales activity through Salesforce.com and GoogleDocs. Held weekly meetings. Held individual coaching meetings with all Account Managers on a quarterly basis to review their goals, strategies, and plot out means for improvement.
- Forged relationships with companies and organizations in Vancouver to promote the AIESEC Global Internship Program through cold calling, networking events and utilization of personal contacts. Increased marketing activity by 600% in comparison to the previous year.
- Successfully recruited an Egyptian AIESEC intern for Global Link Recruitment for an 18-month long work term. Facilitated the candidate recruitment and interview process and intern’s Canadian visa application. Managed and maintained relationship with employer and intern despite difficulties with the visa application process.
Sep 2009 - Jan 2010
- Recruited UBC alumni to serve as Expo panelists through e-mail and cold calling. Used LinkedIn and the Viking database to find and research suitable alumni.
- Staffed booths to sell tickets to students for the Expo.
- Updated and managed the Expo website through Typo3.
Sep 2008 - Present
Bachelor of Arts
University of British Columbia