Aug 2008 - May 2010
Aug 2004 - Aug 2008
Bachelors of Arts
Nov 2010 - Present
Northern Mountain State Metals, Inc
Responsibilities include managing office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings, maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information, interact with clients and visitors, answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member and performing clerical duties. Additional responsibilities include creating, retrieving, and modifying reports and documents such as invoices, memos, reports, spreadsheets and databases.
May 2004 - Aug 2010
Head Lifeguard and Swim Instructor
Marion County Parks and Recreation Commission
Responsibilities included all aspects of daily operation of the pool including lifeguard staff management, pool safety, and aquatic program administration.
§Gained leadership skills by managing and supervising lifeguards on duty and conducting in-service skills training
§Attained responsibility by being liable for all patrons and lifeguards on duty
§Created and implemented new scheduling and discipline policies
§Gained deeper understanding for training techniques and the hiring process
Jan 2010 - May 2010
West Virginia State Police
This internship position, as approved by West Virginia State Police Headquarters is a non-uniform civilian position with both experiential and administrative duties.
- Expanded upon knowledge of the monitoring, investigation, and reporting aspect of State Law enforcement
- Obtained experience with law enforcement computer programs through participation in filing incident reports and accident reconstruction
- Gained the knowledge to conduct and administer offender processing and background investigations
- Acquired the ability to work hand in hand with law enforcement officials
Jan 2007 - May 2007
Mon County Teen Court
Teen Court is designed to interrupt patterns of criminal behavior by promoting positive feelings of self-esteem, self improvement, and developing a healthy attitude toward authority.
- Gained experience in reviewing cases and interviewing skills by interaction with the offenders families
- Expanded knowledge of Judicial System through interaction with circuit court judges, juvenile probation officers, and local attorneys
The Justice Round Table, Senior Capstone Project (2007-2008). Worked with faculty supervisor and interacted with inmates from Pruntytown Correctional Facility specifically to reduce the overreliance on incarceration in the U.S, broaden public focus to include effective alternatives to incarceration, minimize the counterproductive consequences of criminal convictions, and encourage the successful reintegration of people with convictions into society.
§Gained experience in building social capital through participatory learning and decision making
§Acquired knowledge in policy reform and grant writing
Marion County Circuit Court, Job Shadowed the Honorable David R. Janes (2007), Shadowed Marion County’s Circuit Court judge to develop a better understanding of the justice system.
§Gained experience on legal proceedings, case preparation and witness interrogation tactics
§Developed an understanding specifically of criminal and civil cases
Three Rivers Task Force, Job Shadowed (2006), Shadowed the Three Rivers Task Force to familiarize myself with drug bust operations, the level of drug trafficking in West Virginia along with the policies and procedures of the department.
§Gained experience on independent investigations pertaining to illegal drug trafficking
- § Member of the WVU Women's Track and Field Team for my entire collegiate career
- § Deans List 3 years undergraduate and both years of Graduate school
- § Athletic Directors Honor Roll 3 years undergraduate / 1 year Graduate
- § All Academic Big East Honor Roll 3 years
- § National Academic Team Ranking of number 1 in the country 2008
- § Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- § Sociology Anthropology Criminology Association
- § The Student Association of Public Administrators
- § Assistant Coach for East Fairmont Jr. High girls Volleyball team 2010