Welcome, you’re looking at my new VisualCV. I am a currently Business Development Manager at professional services organisation; glue:Reply limited. As a leading provider of consulting services to many FTSE 350 companies we specialise in Enterprise Architecture & Strategy Consulting, Business Architecture, Service-Oriented & Integration Architecture (SOA/EAI), Enterprise Data Management and Solution Design/Governance. Previously, I spent over 5 years working in the recruitment industry helping companies to recruit at a senior level of IT, particularly in the programme management office and architecture (solution, integration, application).
Dec 2007 - Present
Founder and Owner
Noticing a gap in the market, I spent my evening and weekends (and any other spare time I had) setting up the only online job advertising board wholly dedicated to IT and Enterprise Architecture. This included all design, supplier, sales, marketing and partnership activities. I have also managed to partner with some of the leading authorities in Architecture. The site remains under my full control and is operational.
Jun 2009 - Mar 2010
Lead / Principal Consultant - IT, Solution and Enterprise Architecture
GCS Recruitment Specialists are an award winning recruitment business with its head-office located in Reading, at the heart of the ThamesValley. The company was established in 1991, holds a Best Company award, and has appeared in the Times Fast-Track.
- Established a new recruitment practise for focused on Contract / Interim Technology, Solution, and Enterprise Architecture – this, following an approach to the CEO of GCS, and presentation of a business case.
- Within first 6 months, secured over £100k GP (£73k of that as Contractor GP) with Pfizer, Capita IT Services, Logica (Signed up PSL), New Look, JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank – all new business, all architecture (completely new market for GCS).
- Appointed as Social Networking and Web 2.0 Expert by the Directors, with overall responsibility for establishing a presence for GCS on websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, as well as help to establish a Blog and online News page (for SEO)
- Created and started to deliver company-wide Training Course based around Social Networking, Web 2.0 and Search Engine Optimization in Recruitment. Also advised senior management on Advertising and Brand Marketing strategy.
Apr 2006 - May 2009
Business Development Manager
Glue is Europe’s leading consulting services organisation focused exclusively on optimizing IT/Business alignment and minimising the cost of change. The core proposition is to help organisations maximize value from change and technology investment initiatives by helping them define, design, implement, adapt & resource 'best practice' enterprise architecture, business change, business process management, service orientated architecture, systems integration and data management.
Tasked with selling Glue's Consultancy Services and Intellectual Property; these services are designed to facilitate, accelerate and de-risk an organisations investment in Enterprise Architecture, IT and Enterprise Strategy Planning, Business Process Management (BPM), Service-Oriented & Integration Architecture (SOA / EAI), Enterprise Data Management and Solution Design / Governance.
Glue’s customer base includes many FTSE listed corporations, combined with strong Partnerships with vendors such as IBM (Tier-1 for WebSphere), SoftwareAG (webMethods), Sun Microsystems (SeeBeyond), SAP (NetWeaver), Oracle (Fusion/BEA), Microsoft and Troux Technologies. For the latter 2 years with Glue I also held the position of IBM Partner Manager.
I initially started with Glue to help establish a recruitment practice and also to become the key sales person for the resourcing proposition, where one of the USP’s was our experience & credibility as a consulting provider. Within a very short time into this role the senior management of Glue recognized my ability to understand and articulate the complete Glue portfolio as I had identified many large consultancy opportunities – I was quickly transferred from the resourcing function to the main sales team.
Clients included Virgin Media, AXA, BT Group, Northumbrian Water, BSkyB, HMV, Cadbury Schweppes, Scottish & Southern Energy, Child Support Agency, DVLA, Scottish Power, Ericsson, Siemens & the BBC.
Sep 2005 - Mar 2006
Account / Business Development Manager
- The setup of an IT contracting offering to complement the already existing IT permanent recruitment business.
- Focusing on application development, enterprise integration and database technologies.
- Assessed existing processes and tools, and defined a strategy/plan for what was required to create an official contracts team.
- Won business with companies such as glue (current employer), Digital Union, Logicalis and eFinancial.
- Left to pursue opportunity with Glue, focusing on Integration, Architecture and SOA recruitment (and later consultancy sales)
Jun 2003 - Aug 2005
Futures Solutions Corporation
- While on contract, first deal after 3 weeks, continued growth thereafter, to a maximum of 16 contractors.
- The longest record any new starter has had without a finisher.
- Hit holiday target within first 3 months of joining, rewarded with a weekend in Barcelona.
- Consistently one of the top billers on the contract team within the Thames Valley office (approx 40th within CFS as a whole).
- 2005 - Signed up PSL with Cisco Systems. CF had not managed to work with Cisco since 1999 (dealing with VP and MD)
- 2005 - Closed business between £10k and £25k, and brought the Sales division back on target against the FY05 budget
Managing ConsultantSales Futures International, Feb 2005 to August 2005
Sales Futures International had been operating before I joined with a team of 3 for over a year, without a sales database, or much experience in the team. At the start of 2005 I took over the management position to look at the way the division operated, and the way the consultants conducted their business. My role consisted of team management, strategy and new business lead.
- Recruited as Managing Consultant to reduce 1st year operating loss, and effectively grow this start-up division.
- The role involved networking at CxO and senior (sales) management level.
- Starting only with the Internet, email and a phone, I worked day and night to build a database and pipeline supported by the use of Gartner ‘’magic-quadrants’, Hoovers.com, FT.com, Linkedin.com, and tradeshow networking.
- Closed orders of between £10k and £25k, and brought the division back on target against the FY05 budget
- Worked with large blue chips such as Microsoft (UK), Oracle Corporation, Cisco Systems, Dell Computers, Symantec, and Siebel, while also with smaller firms such as Actuate, McAfee, Glue, Energis, Interwoven and Entrust.
Recruitment Consultant (I.T Contracts)Computer Futures Solutions, June 2003 to January 2005
- Focused on Java/J2EE application development, middleware & integration, SOA, RDBMS and ERP skills.
- The role was very new business focused (cold-calling) and on average this means 100 outgoing calls per day (3hrs+).
- Account management, to continue client relations through constant communication.
- Responsible for resolving any queries that clients may have, as well as keeping the client aware of changes in the market and candidates available to them.
- The position also involved account management, and training & mentoring of junior staff (both technology and sales)
Feb 2002 - May 2003
Head of Practice / Business Development Executive
NWW is an Executive Search Firm specialising in working with High Tech firms throughout Europe and Asia Pacific as well as Japan targeted on providing an end to end recruitment service to our customers. I was required to strategically introduce the benefits of a “Think Global, Execute Local” strategy to US firms looking to capitalize on the ROI of international expansion.
- International role requiring travel to the USA, Europe and across the UK.
- Selling and networking at CxO and senior VP level to provide retained recruitment for senior technology and sales positions.
- Individual order/placement value ranged from £30k to £65k (based on 30% of offer salary/package)
- My customers included RSA Security, Entrust Technologies, Stonesoft and Clearswift / Content Technologies.
- Involved the creation of, ongoing development of, and reporting of business plan, sales forecast, and new business.
Nov 2000 - Jan 2002
New Business Sales Executive
PrimeTime Recruitment Limited
- A start-up branch that lacked an experienced new business executive and was under-performing when I joined. I was able to turn this around and significantly increase their client base. This level of success in new business was instrumental in helping the branch become a company ‘flagship’ and the extra revenue allowed the team to grow in team size (from 3>7 personnel).
- Secured new business contracts with companies including Oracle Corporation, Tektronix, Internet Security Systems, Entrust Technologies, MCI Worldcom, Yell, Energis Communications, Regus Business Centres, 186k and Vodafone.
- Upon leaving my client base was responsible for over 70% of monthly revenue for the branch.
Jul 2000 - Oct 2000
IT Sales and Market Research (temporary position)
- A telemarketing/telesales role focused on telecommunications and data networking.
- In the short time I held the position I had achieved an average of 140% against my targets (sales revenue and lead generation).
- Involved cold-calling director level / heads of IT – approx 100 calls per day
- Working on behalf of companies such as Lucent/Avaya, Cisco, BT, Extreme Networks and Citrix
Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and Corel Draw
SalesForce and Zoho CRM
MS Office Suite
Sep 1992 - Sep 1999
Maiden Erlegh School
- Design and Technology
- Art and Design
- English Language & English Literature
- Design and Technology
- Art and Design