May 2013 - Sep 2015
Harpur Palate Journal
- Extensive copyediting of all submitted content; composing and editing original content like interviews, reviews, and articles; working with a team of editors to produce two print issues of the journal a year by managing smaller deadlines on the trajectory of larger deadlines.
- Writing/editing proposals to secure funds; editing contributed research; occasional travel to conferences and events to improve the journal's content and visibility.
Binghamton, NY. Former Managing Editor: Kayleigh Wanzer, 315-480-4225. 25 hrs/wk.
Jun 2013 - Aug 2015
Academic Success Program
- Editing sensitive materials for the English as a Second Language program summer programs at Binghamton University; researching program content; collaborating with the ESL team to write and edit schedules.
- Researching, writing, compiling, and editing large quantities of program and academic information for a diverse audience from multiple countries and education levels.
Binghamton, NY. Supervisor: Linda Sukarat, 607-777-2320. 40 hrs/wk.
Mar 2013 - Jul 2014
Writing By Degrees Writing Conference
- With a team of others, organizing this two-day writing conference, serving as the liaison between authors, community organizations, panelists, local businesses, press, keynote speakers, and sources of funding.
- Researching appropriate forms and content for the calls for submissions, financial reports to funding sources, keynote biographies, business and journal blurbs, and follow-up materials.
- Writing and editing all promotional materials and the conference program.
Binghamton, NY. Supervising body: Binghamton University English Dept, 607-777-2417. 25 hrs/wk.
Aug 2010 - Jul 2012
- Copyediting, assessing, and selecting hundreds of submissions to the journal for our yearly issue.
- Working under pressing, multiple deadlines with other editors.
Las Vegas, NM. Supervisor: Daniel Martinez (since retired). 20 hrs/wk.