Seconded to Spark Ventures to lead the Smart Cities approach and team, but actually identified significantly more opportunity in Verticals. Given the mandate to deliver Spark Ventures quickest commercialisation and pathway to profitability.
Working with an incredible technical resource we have
- Built and tendered the overall strategy for IoT within Spark for the SLT (senior leadership team)
- Evolved a network platform recommendation for a new network for low power devices (battery). Managed and wrote the commercials and outcome for the SLT recommendation.
- Build all the consumer commercial modelling for the network matching this across the Sigfox and likely LTE entry approach. Directed Spark how to commercialise the network and compete in this new sector.
- Implemented a build for Spark first software defined network for Farm Wi-FI. Market size identified as $XXXM
- Evolved the Thingworx platform commercials as being fit for purpose and available for all parts of Spark to re-sell.
- Began the productisation of services including health and safety, tracking and Wi-Fi
- Worked with the Spark Digital and Wholesale teams evolving the channel including multiple Board, Exec and Industry presentations
- Evolving the API ecosystem as a tool, enabling Agriculture, Energy, Food, Freight, Transport and numerous other industries and products.
- Partnering - evolving these terms and conditions and managing the new world requirements of intellectual property (IP) and who will commercialise what.
- Developed with Uniservices the funding request to MBIE for a data Marketplace partnership over 7 years - first round approval