Pao Phonsalee Vang
905 Heron DriveDirect: (707) 290-3499
Suisun City, CA 94585Home: (707) 419-5024
Citizenship:US CitizenE-mail: email@example.com
OBJECTIVE:Information Support Technician
A cost-effective performer with a proven record of accomplishment, my career objective is to utilitize my management, marketing and computer service experience to make an immediate contribution as a member of a professional management team.SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over Fifteen Years Experience in the Computer Field.
- A + Certifications (PC & MAC)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Mainframe Certified Systems Operations (MCSO)
- AS Degree Business Administration and Management
- Solid Education in Computer Sciences and Applications.
- Experienced with a wide variety of hardware and software.
- Strong grasp of business management, accounting and principles.
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment.
Provides full range of Computer Operations support:
- Monitors and operates mainframe, mid-range systems, servers, personal computers and peripheral equipment including printers, disk and tape drives.
- Performs first level operational problem determination and resolution. Consults with/assists senior level personnel, Customers, and IT support staff in the resolution of unusual problems.
- Prints and prepares (bursts/sorts) all hardcopy output and has responsibility for the accurate delivery of output to various departments/facilities.
- Maintains magnetic tape libraries and updates the mainframe tape management system in accordance with established department standards and procedures.
- Performs routine procedures for application/system backups, on-site/off-site data storage, and data recovery.
- Maintains confidentiality relative to information being processed, stored, printed or accessed on-line.
- Actively participates in the IT business continuity planning and testing processes.
- Maintains adequate operation’s supply inventory, per pre-defined re-order thresholds, for all forms, printer ribbons, toner products, magnetic tape, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Responsible for all Computer Operations related issues/activities, during shift, when working alone.
- Performs routine maintenance of computer peripherals and general computer room environment including cleaning of tape and printer units, replacing printer ribbons and toner cartridges and dusting of general work area and equipment.
Assists with documentation/procedure maintenance:
- Maintains accurate and legible operations/production logs, schedules, and forms.
- Assists IT support staff in the preparation and/or modification of Computer Operations and Production Control documentation.
- Responsible for remaining current with documentation, policies and procedures and on-call and support staff schedules pertaining to Computer Operations.
Provides Customer Support Services:
- Provides first level Customer support services during off-hours and weekends and holidays. Departmental on-call and escalation procedures are followed as appropriate.
- Logs and tracks all support calls, via an on-line tracking application, as part of the problem resolution process.
- Assists Customers and in-house staff in the routine use of computer equipment, software and production systems.
- Advises Customers of the proper protocol relative to requesting information, seeking training, initiating change requests, etc.
Monitors and maintains facility infrastructure systems and physical security according to departmental policies:
- Monitors, logs and responds to infrastructure system issues within the Data Center facility and specific IT-related locations. These systems include temperature and humidity controls, fire alarm/suppression systems, uninterruptible power systems (UPS) and emergency generator unit.
- Initiates emergency power-down procedures to protect computer equipment from environmental hazards, i.e., water (flooding), temperature changes (excessive heat), loss of battery (UPS) or generator power, fire, etc.
- Monitors and maintains a sound and secure Data Center facility.
- Notifies management of all emergency situations immediately.
Participates in projects/requests assigned by management:
- Follows departmental project management methodology including but not limited to the following:
- Completes assigned tasks within agreed upon time frames.
- Identifies any issues, barriers, or risks and brings them to management’s attention.
- Participates in project team meetings.
- Provides appropriate status to management when requested.
- Completes all assignments as scheduled or as meets expectations.
- Follows all department policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
·Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
·Ability to work well under high stress conditions.
·Ability to work independently or cooperatively as a team member.
·Ability to adapt to various workloads and assignments.
·Ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups and facilitate meetings.
·Ability reading and comprehension.
·Ability to type 40-45 wpm.
·Ability to read and write legibly in English.
·Ability to communication good oral and written skills.
·Ability to prioritize tasks.
·Ability to make independent decision.
·Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
·Flexible, and willing to work on any shift.
Copart, Inc, Fairfield, CA2009 - Present
County of Sonoma, Santa Rosa, CA2002
Systems Support Technician II2007
The Sharper Image, San Francisco, CA1998
Sr. AS400 Operator/PC Technician2001
MCI Systems house, Inc, Napa, CA1997
AS400 Computer Operator1998
North American Mortgage Company, Santa Rosa, CA 1995
Sr. Computer Operations Support 1997
Chevron Information Technology, San Ramon, CA1989
Mainframe Computer Operator1992
Chevron Product and Support Services, Concord, CA1992
Computer Processing Assistant 1992EDUCATION BACKGROUND:
Main Power Development Training Center (Online)2007
Security, Safety and Communication Skills
Management Tools and Metric Skills
Managing Conflict, Stress, and Time
Dream weaver 8 Skill Soft
Six Sigma Projects and Project Teams
Santa Rosa, CA
County of Sonoma Training Center2006
Project Management Concepts and Skills
Professional Writing Workshop
Microsoft Share Point (WSS2 & WSS3)
Dream Weaver 8
Microsoft Front Page XP
Santa Rosa, CA
A + Certifications2000 – 2001
Keystone Learning System (Online)
Microsoft MCSE Certifications1999 – 2000
Keystone Learning System (Online)
PC Technician Certifications1991 – 1992
Chevron Learning Center, San Ramon, CA
Mainframe Computer Operations Certifications1988 – 1989
Computer Learning Center, San Francisco, CA
AS Degree in Business Administration & Management1987 – 1990
Business Administration and Management Certifications
Solano Community College, Suisun City, CA
Special Honors Award:
2006Was a member of Project Management Office team that developed Microsoft SharePoint Websites to stored documentation and shared information to all employees within the Information Systems Department, and the County of Sonoma.The award was grant for $600.00 for each team member, and plus 3 days off with pay.
1994Was a member of the team that developed a shared NOMAD Database to keep track of upward and peer-to-peer feedback in Chevron Product & Support Services.The award was grant for $1200 for each team member, and plus special plate of recognition and award for Quality Efforts and contribution to CP&SS.