Senior Software Engineer
SmarTeam To DEC DATA MIGRATION ADAPTER (ENOVIA)
Technology - .NET, C#, VB.NET, VBA, CATVBA, VB Script, WINFORMS, Console Applications, Windows Service, Apache Active MQ NMS, LINQ, .BAT Files
This adapter allows to migrate product data from SmarTeam PDM to Enovia DEC, but it does not convert the type from V5 to V6. This adapter is a tool which is collection of various applications, like WINFORMS, Console Application, .bat files and CATIA Macros etc. This adapter consist of three major components -
- Analyser- Analyser hits the SmarTeam Database to gather all documents information that are eligible for extraction. Also creates jobs for extractor.
- Extractor - Extractor process the jobs and information created by analyser. It extracts the files from SmarTeam Database and creates metainfo in XML format. Then it creates jobs for importer.
- Importer- Importer takes the files that are extracted, and saves them in the DEC. It also modifies the documents as per metainfo includes in XML.
- Created WINFORM and Console Apllications.
- Created Windows Services.
- Created CATIA Macros.
- Created .bat files.
- Created Queuing Systems for jobs using Apache Active MQ and Transition Factory( DS Internal Tool).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Actively involved in Requirement Gathering, Analysis and Estimation.
- Involved in designing the architecture of adapter.
- Designing, code development, and unit testing to ensure the delivery of bugs free code for the requirements