Retail Manager, Pembroke Pines, Florida (2000 – 2002) Hired, trained, supervised, scheduled, and motivated a 9-member team of full-time and part-time associates. Managed day-to-day operations as a leased location within a department store. Store volume of $1 million dollars. Ensured proper merchandise processing/displaying and overseeing and monitoring loss prevention programs. Coached and developed staff to achieved and exceeded objectives, provided direction and feedback, recognized and reinforced effective performance. Developed and implemented monthly events.
- Grew counter volume by $250,000 in 18 months, to achieve $1 million in sales by adjusting inventory levels and product assortment according to customer profile. Achieved “Highest Percentage Growth” Award.
- Negotiated with Buyer and Vendor to increase make-up artist from 9 to 14 for the counter.
- Minimized shortage by implementing Loss Prevention Program and assuring all employees strictly adhered to proper product rotation.
M.A.C COSMETICS/ ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES continued Retail Manager, Miami, Florida (1999 – 2000)
Opened a new store location and developed customer clientele. Maintained open communication between department store, vendor and staff. Hired, trained, supervised, scheduled and motivated 6- member team. Location volume $ 650,000.
- Relocated open new location; hired, trained and supervised 6 new employees, merchandised new counter in 24 hours, and coordinated “Launch Party” to educate Department Store employees on new line.
- Achieved $725,000 in 1st year sales, surpassing goal by $75,000 thought successful implementation of “Customer Referral Program”. Given various Sales Growth Awards.
- Developed and managed 3rd Key Manager to achieve promotion directly to Retail Manager within 2-year period.
Trainer, Boston,Connecticut and New Jersey (1997 – 1999) Trained and motivated staff in region. Educated staff in exceptional customer service, basic product knowledge, health and safety procedures, advanced make-up skills, and performed employee certifications. Maintained daily recap forms, monthly budgets, equipment, workbooks, and performed spring/fall workshops and seminars. Assisted in open communication between Artist Training & Development, store managers, staffs, and department stores. Planned and executed major launches and make-up events.
- Trained over 50 Make-up artists, counter managers and operation managers in region of 20 stores on Basic Make-up, Seasonal Color Stores and New Trends.
- Achieved 100% compliance on new MAC certifications required of every employee.
M.A.C. COSMETICS 3rd Key Manager, Duty Free Shops, Waikiki, HI (1996 – 1997) Assisted the assistant manager and manager of a $10 million inventory, a 36-member team, and opened 365 days a year. Involved in all retail operations and trained to become a retail manager.
- Studied Japanese language and culture to communicate with the 90% Japanese clientele.
M.A.C. COSMETICS Retail Artist, Nordstrom- Paramus, New Jersey (1993 –1996) Monitored personal client book, reached sales goals, performed make-up applications and lessons, stock and merchandised inventory. Ensured the best possible shopping experience to all customers. Opened and closed all cash registers daily.