Highly motivated executive with over 15 years of Retail Operations Management experience. Proven record sales leader. Experienced in hiring, training and motivating staff to achieve and surpass sales objectives. Fast-track career progression and history of repeated sales awards. Committed to providing an atmosphere of exceptional employee morale and impeccable customer service. Creative problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills.Bilingual in English and Spanish.
2010 - Present
Lancôme Business Manager
Store volume of $1 million dollars. Ensured proper merchandise processing/displaying and overseeing and monitoring loss prevention programs. Coached and developed staff to achieved and exceeded objectives, provided direction and feedback, recognized and reinforced effective performance. Developed and implemented monthly events.
2007 - 2010
Lancôme Event Coordinator and Resident Make-up Artist
JC Penney / Lancôme
Coordinate and implement monthly counter events. Support and monitor Lancôme major mall events. Train and motivate on new products launches. Maintained seasonal calendar with gift with purchase and purchase with purchases. Work in partnership with counter manager to maintain #1 door ranking and $1.2 volume. Maintain open communication between store management, vendor and counter staff. Ensure Lancôme counter standards and perform personal consultations and make-up services.
March 2009 won JCPenney’s Spring Beauty Festival with the highest increase over last year of 13% for the event.
Plan and executed a Lancôme major mall event in May 2008. Achieved and exceeded sales of $18,000 in three days. Booked 693 make-up appointments. Coordinated a team 6 of beauty advisor along with 10 freelance artists. Total sales of event $24,756.
2005 - 2007
Universal Packaging of Puerto Rico
Acquire new customers and maintain existing accounts. Implement sales strategies. Sell industrial vacuum-packaging products and equipment. Visit customer production facilities to ensure proper stock levels and process orders. Schedule technical support visits. Complete expense reports and general office work.
2002 - 2005
Lancôme Regional/Macy’s Executive
Macy's East Inc.
Atlanta, New Orleans and Florida
Drive and reach sales goals. Trained entire staff in product knowledge, skin analysis, skin care consultations, facials, color theory and make-up applications. Participating in education seminars and business meetings. Plan and assist in promotional events. Ensure the best shopping experience for each customer. Perform personal customer consultations. Maintain open communication between Lancôme’s account executive, the buyer, department managers and beauty advisors. Maintain seasonal calendar and stores visits. Book all travel arrangements and complete monthly expense reports on timely basis.
- Planned and executed New Color Launch Event in 2 stores in Atlanta resulting in extension of event for additional day and 200% growth in sales over forecast.
- Achieved $10,000 sales in one day, representing over 100% growth over average sales, through planning andimplementing a Make-up and Skin Care Event coordinating a team of 9 free-lance make-up artists and Estheticians.
- Achieved 40% growth in Color Product Lines and Brushes by training entire region, consisting of over 40 skin care consultants on Basic and Advanced Make-Up application.
1993 - 2002
M.A.C. Cosmetics / Estee Lauder Companies
Retail Manager, Pembroke Pines, Florida (2000 – 2002) Hired, trained, supervised, scheduled, and motivated a 9-member team of full-time and part-time associates. Managed day-to-day operations as a leased location within a department store. Store volume of $1 million dollars. Ensured proper merchandise processing/displaying and overseeing and monitoring loss prevention programs. Coached and developed staff to achieved and exceeded objectives, provided direction and feedback, recognized and reinforced effective performance. Developed and implemented monthly events.
- Grew counter volume by $250,000 in 18 months, to achieve $1 million in sales by adjusting inventory levels and product assortment according to customer profile. Achieved “Highest Percentage Growth” Award.
- Negotiated with Buyer and Vendor to increase make-up artist from 9 to 14 for the counter.
- Minimized shortage by implementing Loss Prevention Program and assuring all employees strictly adhered to proper product rotation.
M.A.C COSMETICS/ ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES continued Retail Manager, Miami, Florida (1999 – 2000)
Opened a new store location and developed customer clientele. Maintained open communication between department store, vendor and staff. Hired, trained, supervised, scheduled and motivated 6- member team. Location volume $ 650,000.
- Relocated open new location; hired, trained and supervised 6 new employees, merchandised new counter in 24 hours, and coordinated “Launch Party” to educate Department Store employees on new line.
- Achieved $725,000 in 1st year sales, surpassing goal by $75,000 thought successful implementation of “Customer Referral Program”. Given various Sales Growth Awards.
- Developed and managed 3rd Key Manager to achieve promotion directly to Retail Manager within 2-year period.
Trainer, Boston,Connecticut and New Jersey (1997 – 1999) Trained and motivated staff in region. Educated staff in exceptional customer service, basic product knowledge, health and safety procedures, advanced make-up skills, and performed employee certifications. Maintained daily recap forms, monthly budgets, equipment, workbooks, and performed spring/fall workshops and seminars. Assisted in open communication between Artist Training & Development, store managers, staffs, and department stores. Planned and executed major launches and make-up events.
- Trained over 50 Make-up artists, counter managers and operation managers in region of 20 stores on Basic Make-up, Seasonal Color Stores and New Trends.
- Achieved 100% compliance on new MAC certifications required of every employee.
M.A.C. COSMETICS 3rd Key Manager, Duty Free Shops, Waikiki, HI (1996 – 1997) Assisted the assistant manager and manager of a $10 million inventory, a 36-member team, and opened 365 days a year. Involved in all retail operations and trained to become a retail manager.
- Studied Japanese language and culture to communicate with the 90% Japanese clientele.
M.A.C. COSMETICS Retail Artist, Nordstrom- Paramus, New Jersey (1993 –1996) Monitored personal client book, reached sales goals, performed make-up applications and lessons, stock and merchandised inventory. Ensured the best possible shopping experience to all customers. Opened and closed all cash registers daily.