Big box-experienced General Manager whose 14+ year career with varied organisations has been distinguished by accelerated advancement, awards and goal-surpassing performance-to-plan. Comprehensive background leading all aspects of P&L, Retail & Distribution Channel management. Six-sigma certified professional. Result oriented leader with proven success in managing multi-product roll outs to disparate channels and increasing business turnover. Critical thinker and adept negotiator who can apply extensive industry knowledge to profitable vendor partnerships. Frequent keynote speaker at various organisational conferences.
Cars, Travelling, Adventure, Nature visits, Computers
A very proficient, creative and energetic team player seeking a challenging position which will utilize my extensive sales, business development & operations experience, and that, allows me to grow both financially & professionally.
Sep 2014 - Present
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER
Managing the 4G operations for Kanpur territory. Mentored the entire area of Kanpur comprising of 17 centres in 12 districts. Till today, I have expedited:
- JC boundary re-validation for Kanpur, Kannauj & Jalaun JC’s.
- Conducted JC location viability validation for Kanpur.
- Hand-holding of JCM’s for GTM strategy development & execution.
- Conducted training of JCM’s for smooth market operations pre-launch.
- Initiating vendor partnership for micro-marketing activities like GSB’s, Unipoles, Billboards, etc at prominent public places (railway station, bus stand, market places & high-traffic roads).
- Identification of most prominent places for setting up of Jio Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- Completed the identification of distributor prospect (ZD, RDS & ARD) for the entire area.
- Identifying 03 prospects for Zonal Distributorship model, who can invest to the tune of 250-300 crore pm, in our devices business.
- Diligent mapping of market in order to ensure that Jio products are available at right points & places.
- Building candidate database, as per organization chart, for ready on-boarding.
- Liaised with government officials in Magistrate’s Office & Municipal Corporation office for Kanpur demographical data, Jio Gardens and compliance.
- Developed liasoning with local parshads, administrative authorities and public for resolving hold sites.
- Identification of HNI customers, in the entire area, for soft launch.
- Following up progress status of Jio Centres with EPC, IT, NPE, EB & RE teams and ensuring time-line achievements.
- Identifying prospective places for setting up Area Office.
Apr 2012 - Aug 2014
Head the Retail Operations, Bulk Bottling, National Sales & Channel business of M/s SAHUWALA CYLINDERS PVT. LTD. as National Sales Manager.
I was responsible for overall business development by expansion of retail base, developing channel sales of auto kits (CNG & LPG) & lubricants, maintaining high HSSE standards, obtaining institutional orders & tenders, plant(s) management, location/dealer finalisation, legislative liasoning, quality & quantity ensurance, sales promotion and enrichment, marketing, budgeting, cost accounting, financial analysis, vendor management, market estimation, market intelligence, revenue management, indenting, SCM, product management, team-building, team management, and training & supervision to strengthen the business.
Milestones Achieved in 2013-14:
- Contributed for a turn-over of Rs. 304 crore during the last fiscal year with an EBITA growth of 7.7% and revenue growth of 11.8%.
- Generated new accounts in Africa & Armenia for HP cylinders and Thailand & India for LPG cylinders.
- Generated 12 new accounts in North & East India and penetrated into 133 new accounts for HP cylinders.
- Included new accounts like CEV Engg, SIL & JS Auto towards OEM supplies of “Econ” CNG cylinders.
- Improvised channel for sale of LPG & CNG kits & cylinders in after market.
- Tied-up with IGL & MGL for development of CNG kit & cylinder business.
- Fetched the first-time CNG cascade order from MGL.
- Maintained business with OMC’s (IOCL, HP & BPCL) for North & East India.
- Signed up business agreement for 03 retail sites and pursued & obtained their PESO approvals.
Milestones Achieved in 2012-13:
- Co-ordinated and presided over the ICAT certification for “ECON” LPG/CNG kits.
- Contributed for a turn-over of Rs. 272 crore during the last fiscal year with an EBITA growth of 6.8% and revenue growth of 38%.
- Fetched an order of 25000 HP cylinders from National Gas, Muscat.
- Devised corporate communication structure for brand umbrella “ECON” and corporate policies for a smooth working environment.
- Strategic management and pricing structure.
- Implementation of ERP for all aspect of organization.
- Established potential market survey across various geographies of the nation for analyzing the execution of various business models.
- FA for Retail business, Channel business, Bulk business and target development for “ECON” products.
- Channel development for national sales of various “ECON” products.
- Developing techniques and guidelines for manpower requirement and training.
Nov 2010 - Mar 2012
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER
Heading the Retail Operations, Bulk Bottling, International Sales, National Sales & Channel business of M/s SAHUWALA CYLINDERS PVT. LTD. as Regional Manager for North, East & part of West region (Rajasthan & Gujarat).
Milestones Achieved in 2010-11 & 2011-12:
- The EBIDTA growth over last year was 27% and sales volume growth was 47%.
- Developed the system & process on RETAIL OUTLET AUTOMATION AND ACCOUNTS RECONCILIATION of ALDS, at National level.
- Closed business agreement for 11 retail sites including COCO & DODO.
- Rolled-out 3 retail outlets (COCO & DODO) in a span of 07 months, which is the fastest execution till date.
- Achieved procurement & supplies of LPG plant equipment for 07 PSU orders in record time and a total saving of 4.1 crore rupees during the year.
- Negotiated for DG at retail outlets, with a saving of Rs 48,000 per DG set.
- Filed and obtained LP bottling tender from BPCL worth Rs 42 crores.
Jul 2009 - Oct 2010
Served the Prepaid Business Unit of TATA TELESERVICES LTD. as Zonal Head for Gaya zone (05 months) & Muzaffarpur zone (11 months) handling the responsibility to increase depth & width of retail channel, distributor appointment, distributor development & re-structuring, BTS-wise allocation & improvement, revenue enhancement, ensuring primaries of handsets, SUK’s & recharges, marketing & promotions, ensuring desired callage & productivity, training & development of team. My responsibilities are aligned to my set of KPI’s for achievement.
Milestones Achieved in 2009-10 & 2010-11:
- Re-aligned LUBTS by re-locating them to potential towns, re-aligned territories within existing & new channel partners for increasing business volumes, channel profitability & better service to the market.
- Increased beat productivity by increasing callage, packet size & volume of retailers per beat in close monitoring with field staff.
- Grown business turn-over by over 30% on previous scales, in all positions held.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2009
Served the Branded Retail business of TTSL as Zonal Head, handling the responsibility of ensuring revenue enhancement & profitability, sales promotion, stock control, minimum stock-ageing, man-management, franchisee appointment & development, zero-usage, attrition, churn, ARPU enhancement, maintaining brand identity, smooth operations at retail outlets, ensuring delivery of High-Standard Customer Service, Customer Acquisition & Retention, and VAS productivity.
Milestones Achieved in 2008-09:
- One of my outlets always figured in top three all-India positions for eight months in nation-wide Customer Satisfaction Survey;
- Successfully completed the Green belt project on ‘INCREASE OF RETAIL PROFITABILITY BY OFFERING CUSTOMISED ADD-ON & VAS’. This resulted in an increment of revenue by Rs. 1.60 crore within a span of six months for BU & organization.
- Rolled-out 38 outlets in a span of a year and ensuring brand presence in all potential towns of my zone.
- Staff attrition rate stood at 5% during my entire tenure-lowest in the circle.
Apr 2007 - Jan 2008
Served the AutoLPG retail business of RIL as Project Manager, handling the responsibility of developing & growing market of AutoLPG retail outlets across Rajasthan by calculating the potential for business at the desired place with the use of scientific methods, conducting pre-commissioning technical audits to ensure the ALDS construction as per norms, planning the visit with CCoE at various retail outlets for pre-license inspection, arranging and presiding over press-conferences to promote the use of commercial LPG in vehicles, give demonstration on cost-efficiency to customers by using commercial LPG as fuel, marketing and promotion of ALDS in target towns by banner deployment, leaflet distribution & BTL activities, co-branding with RFC’s, running awareness campaigns against illegal kits & illegal filling for customers and recruitment & training of staff for ALDS.
Milestones Achieved in 2007-08:
- Carried business potential survey for 21 sites in Rajasthan.
- Lent support in conducting business potential survey for 17 sites in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar & Jharkhand.
- Roll-out of 08 ALDS sites in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar & Jharkhand.
- Devised the communication & sales promotion-plan of ALPG for the state of Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh.
- Presided over the press-conference held on the launch of first AutoLPG station of my region.
- Assuring quality & quantity of delivery.
- Devised missing procedures in the process of ALPG decantation.
Feb 2005 - Mar 2007
Served the petro-retail division as Retail Outlet In-charge. Managed a team of 22 Sales-men, 4 Supervisors, 01 Operator, 01 Accountant & 1 TCP Assistant.
I was responsible for growth of fuel & lube sales from the outlet, control of fuel losses, recruitment & training of staff, ensuring Quality & Quantity of product delivery to customers, ensuring Personal Appearance Standards & Customer Service Sequence of staff are of the highest level, ensuring decantation of product as per set procedures and minimal product loss during un-loading, timely indentation for product requirement and high working tempo amongst the staff.
- 2006-07: Held 4th position in all-India and 1st in state, for driving maximum fleet card share of sale (38%).
- 2005-06: Held 7th position in all-India and 1st in state, for driving maximum fleet card share of sale (33%).
- Staff turn-over at 9.5% thorough-out the period (lowest in the state).
Apr 2004 - Feb 2005
Served the flagship company of ANAND GROUP in the after-market division of ride-control products (Shock Absorbers/ Struts/ Front Forks), as Area Manager (Rajasthan).
I was responsible for growth of sales of shock absorber thru distribution channel, appointment of new distributor in vacant areas, achieving sales target, collections & receivables, increasing the width of retail business, conducting sales promotion activities, managing national dealers (PAE & IMPAL), training dealer staff, improvising beat performance, managing stock requirement at CFA & CFA operations and reducing receivables to zero.
I achieved in transforming the potentially and financially weak territory into a seller and revenue earner by rationalizing the dealer/ distribution network (concentrating dealers from 14 to 8) and, generating demand for the product with the assistance of a staff of 19 people (03 Area Officers, 05 Market Sales Representatives & 11 Contractual) & 01 CFA.
Milestones Achieved in 2004-05:
- Achieved the highest-ever sale of Rajasthan in the month of December 2004.
- Reduction of receivables from 8 lacs to zero.
Sep 2003 - Mar 2004
Joined the flagship company of ANAND GROUP in the after-market division of ride-control products (Shock Absorbers/ Struts/ Front Forks), as Product Executive.
I was responsible for devising promotional schemes at national level, developing product pricing, preparing national budget for after-market business, preparing review presentations of Vice President & DGM, looking into manufacturing defects of product and advising solutions, preparing plant-wise supply indents, monthly compilation and reporting of national sale figures and pushing national data in Sales Software. In this role I was reporting to Vice President-Sales.
Milestones Achieved in 2003-04:
- Rolled out the first road-show of the company on All-India basis.
- Participated in budget preparation for the country with Vice President.
- Had a sale & indenting software developed by First Software agency, to automate sales uploading & indenting process.
Jun 2001 - Sep 2003
Served the wardrobe brand retail-outlet of ITC Limited. My responsibilities included sales plan development, merchandise planning, boosting sales, ensuring high ATV by sales enrichment, carrying promotional activities, inventory management, institutional sales, Visual Merchandising, micro-marketing activities, market & competition analysis, reporting and MIS on Retail Pro 7.
- 2002-03: Rated as the 2nd top outlet in the state in terms of customer retention & sales value achievement.
- 2002-03 Participated in the launch of new brand JOHN PLAYERS in Bareilly.
- 2001-02: Participated in the launch of 03 outlets in Kanpur, Agra & Ghaziabad.
Jun 1999 - May 2001
MASTER's OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Completed 02 years full-time course in Master’s of Business Administration with dual specialization in Human Resource Management & Finance. Degree was awarded from CCS University, Meerut.
Apr 1995 - Aug 1998
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE
Completed 03 years full-time course in Bachelor of Commerce with final-year specialization in Mercantile Law & Taxation.