Sep 2007 - Jun 2011
Sep 2009 - Mar 2011
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Jan 2011 - Present
- Develop, shoot and edit content for ACTV.
- Assist the residents of Anderson Township with their video production needs.
- Help to maintain the studio and it’s equipment.
- Develop new technical and aesthetic ideas and methods for studio and off site productions.
- Educate the general public through tours and classes.
- Assist in content uploading, programming and distribution.
Oct 2009 - Dec 2010
Trainer and Server
- Work in a team environment to satisfy, anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Suggestively sell food and drinks.
- Help train and acclimate new staff.
- Process orders and payment through POS system.
Jul 2009 - Dec 2010
Bartender and Banquet Server
- Fulfill all needs of club members.
- Suggestively sell food and drinks.
- Create an amazing experience for Wedding Receptions and other special events.
Jul 2008 - Jun 2009
Media Production Associate
- Contributed to the media production needs of my department, University and outside clients.
- Worked in a team environment with my peers and other industry professionals.
- Worked in a variety of mediums including video production, graphic development and photoimaging.
- Contributed to short-term and long-term production projects.
- Contributed to the program management of the College television station, UCTV.
Aug 2006 - Jul 2007
- Oversaw and managed all operations of one of the largest Irish pubs in the United States.
- Created and put into place a business plan that included a new menu, operational procedures,operational standards and a strong plan for growth.
- Marketed the pub throughout the Greater Cincinnati area in a variety of different ways includingentertainment, promotions, multimedia advertising, and charity events.
- Developed new restaurants and future business ventures with a small group of investors.
- Hired and maintained staffing of all hourly and management employees, including my successor asgeneral manager.
- Maintained daily financial operations including budgeting, deposits, balance sheets, inventory,profit & loss statements and payroll.
Oct 2003 - Aug 2006
- Managed operations of casual dining restaurants that averaged individual sales of over three million dollars in gross sales in any given year.
- Worked in a small management team with other managers, proprietors, and corporate staff.
- Ordered all goods needed for operation.
- Hired and scheduled employees for all areas of business.
- Budgeted sales, performed inventory and profit & loss statements.
Interactive Media Production
Full understanding of new media, interactive design and web production. Strong design skills using Flash, Director and Dreamweaver. Well versed in HTML, ActionScript 2 and Lingo. Some understanding of Java and Actionscript 3.
Pre-Production and Budgeting
Tested experience in working creating and working within production budget. Capability of assembling crew, scouting locations, finding talent, filing permits and gaining clearances.
DVD Authoring and Media Encoding
Extensive use of DVD Studio Pro, iMovie and Adobe Media Encoder. Capable of developing menus and disc navigation, creating themed content from scratch, and controlling DVD through scripting.
Practical experience in creating still graphics for video, new media and print. Extensive use of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Fireworks.
Extensive use of Adobe Photoshop to edit photos and develop new images.
Single Camera Video Production
Skilled in using professional and pro-sumer grade 3CCD Camcorders. Full understanding of manual camera use including f-stops, zebra striping, white balancing, and gain adjustment.
Strong skills in photography techniques using DSLR cameras. Both technical and aesthetic proficiency in creating raw unedited images all while using classic manual methods without flash. Capabilities of using a variety of lenses in order to create the best image possible.
Lighting, Grip and Gaffer
Full understanding and practical use of classic 3 light subject lighting techniques. Practical use in full grid studio lighting techniques. Experience in using no-heat florescent lights, soft boxes and strobes. Experience in using colored gels, diffusers and reflectors to create enhanced aesthetics. Strong practical understanding of power management, running cable and laying tape.
Competent in writing both single column film script format and two-column video script format.
Multi-Camera Studio Production
Skilled in 3+ camera studio/field production techniques including roles as Producer, Director, Technical Director, Floor Director, Audio Technician, Camera Operator and Production Assistant and Set Designer. Worked with multiple types of broadcast switchers including classic switchers as well as virtual switchers like GlobeCaster Studio and NewTek TriCaster.
Skilled in using Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and other similar non-linear editing software.