www.marico.com (listed in the national stock exchanges in India) (managed communications for India, Bangladesh , Vietnam, MENA countries)
I managed the corporate brand reputation for the publicly listed $ 700 million company & was responsible for telling the story to media, investors & other stakeholders through corporate & business PR & effective media relations. I was also responsible for managing the brand strategy & communications for top product brands like Saffola & Parachute. I also helped develop the Employer brand & managed internal communications using digital initiatives. I also managed corporate & brand communications in other markets like Bangladesh, Vietnam etc.
I managed CSR for Marico Bangladesh and PR & communications for the CSR non-profit arm, Marico Innovation Foundation
Relavent Sample Projects:
1. Helped build the corporate brand for Marico & manage the same at every stakeholder interaction- Investors, Media,consumers for products, key opinion leaders & experts through PR, earned media, events, digital properties, social media, APPs, press meets etc.
2. Managed the communications & positioning for the company through various changes like merger &, acquisitions, change in business strategy etc.
3.Designed the crisis communication protocol for the organisation & managed various types of external reputation crisis-product, processes etc.
4.Responsible for Brand Communications for the brand Saffola & influential in the transition of the brand to new categories & new growth strategy for the business. Also, to develop expertise for the brand in 'heart health' through various brand assets
-I was a lead in the transition & positioning of the $ 150 million brand , Saffola & growing the category from a one product brand (cooking oil) brand to a full-fledged health foods brand with multiple products , working with business heads & product teams
- Contributed to build the brand asset 'Saffolalife' to strengthen positioning for 'heart health' for the brand & used integrated marketing communication & PR to develop expertise for the brand through launching studies, influencers mktg., and earned media. The program resulted in earned media coverage worth 10 million & winning multiple awards, also the communications model is now a brand asset. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-A42q3BUDg , https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Women-as-prone-to-heart-diseases-as-men-Study/articleshow/43418030.cms
5. Built a 360° successful external and internal communications strategy for Employer Branding to drive thought leadership 'as an innovative & empowered organisation' working with the HR team to build Marico as a successful emerging market MNC and an ‘employer of choice ‘
6.Responsible for, devising the strategy, manage press conferences,managing quarterly investor communications & crafting the business messaging for high value placements in print & electronic media as well as announcements internally
7.Set up the external communications policy for the listed entity of Marico in Bangladesh & provided strategic counsel for all media and crisis communication
8.Created a charter for media training & messaging for 8 spokespersons in the organisation & positioned the MD & CEO as the business leader & profiled function experts successfully
9. Led internal communications for over 3000+ employees; conceptualised & launched an interactive digital platform .Launched the program 'innovation jam'(to encourage a culture of innovation across the organisation)
10. Helped set up an Online reputation management process which helped track the brands' conversations real time on social media , manage reputation & mitigate crisis -
11. Designed, developed & launched the CSR strategy for Marico Bangladesh.I was also responsible for managing the PR & digital communications agenda for Marico Innovation Foundation (MIF) (a not-for-profit) & the Innovation for India Awards (IIA)