Assistant Manager - Mechanical
McNally Bharat Engineering Company Limited
I am working as an Asst. Manager in customer service department which is a leading provider of Operation and Maintenance services for complete material handling, ash and pneumatic handling systems for thermal power stations, conveyor systems for mining and raw material handling plants and heavy stockyard / bulk cargo machinery. MBE has in-house facilities for manufacturing a major portion of the equipment and spare parts in these areas.
Presently i am posted in KSK mahanadi power company limited in akaltara, nariyara near bilaspur, C.G, India.
Project: 6 x 600 MW Thermal Power Plant
Maintenance Management - Mechanical :
- Development of Daily Maintenance reports (PM, BM & CBM) and monitoring day to day high priority maintenance activities at site.
- Day wise tracking of plant utilization factor & coordinating with operation team to minimize idle running of the system while ensuring the benchmark 80%.
- Coal rake unloading within free time without railway demurrage under any type and condition of coal rake received while ensuring total emptiness of each wagon.
- Maintaining stacking or reclaiming capacity as per designed parameters i.e. 1800 tph.
- Conveying offline or online, rake arrival time in advance to different department for healthiness of the wagon tippler and track hopper.
- Preparing Daily Progress Report, Coal Management Report, Rake unloading reports.
- Ensuring proper housekeeping of CHP area.
- Coordinating between different departments during breakdown to minimize downtime.
- Ensure all statutory compliance are completed within parameters.
- Development of MIS Reports on Monthly basis along with presentation & preparing operation & Maintenance report for Higher Management on daily basis.
- Development of Annual Maintenance Plan, Annual Spare plan, Annual calibration plan, Annual training plan & Statutory Compliance Chart.
- Preparing Presentations for the Monthly Review Meetings & presenting them same in front of client.
- Development of Minutes of meeting on a weekly basis & preparing the reports for the same.
- Developing SOPs, SMPs, routine service maintenance, preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, check lists, joint protocol & taking the approval for same from Client & implementing them as per approved procedures.
- Preparing and ensuring all the key deliverable within the acceptable range on monthly basis as per the requirement of LOI.
Coal Management :
- Responsible for putting coal requirement plan (grade wise) to the coal procurement team, on the basis of monthly generation plan.
- On the basis of monthly coal procurement plan preparing coal stacking, blending, and feeding plans as per the boiler design parameters.
- Planning and executing the stacking plans on day to day basis as per the requirement of power plant.
- Optimizing blending process to facilitate boiler operation.
- Planning & execution of daily coal feeding to bunker ensuring zero downtime & based on power generation.
- Planning & coordination with central control room people for desired quantity and quality of coal feeding while ensuring the minimum bunker level to be 60 %.
- Putting High GCV coal requirement plans to coal sourcing team for obtaining proper blending time to time.
- Doing coal blending to get hold of all the design related parameters of coal and boiler in order to understand the overall impact of firing the coal that is in deviation to the acceptable/design norms.
- Taking a lead role in ensuring the accountability for each gram of coal consumed at plant.
- Preparing a periodic report of problems/ issues that are making obstruction on achieving the ultimate objective of coal accountability.
- Having a stronger interface with the fellow agency, who is responsible for coal sampling and analysis.
- Minimizing coal quantity & quality loss by maintaining FIFO system to minimize GCV loss of coal.