Director of Operations
2005 – 2007Director of Operations
- Implemented Kayako SupportSuite to allow the GVPi help desk to more effectively track support issues and maintain a knowledge base for known issues.This allowed a Tier I support technician to handle 90% of cases, many of which were previously forwarded to development.
- Planned and installed a VOIP system that allowed remote workers to use the GVPi phone system and saved GVPi several thousand dollars a year in phone usage.
- Implemented server-based software to better manage servers and to be notified of any potential issues before they became critical.
- Managed all development.
- Managed all internet connectivity within GVPi.
- Managed hosting facility for GVPi.
- Minimized risk within GVPi by enforcing the sharing of process knowledge within GVPi.
2000 – 2005Director of Research and Development
- Managed all development efforts within GVPi.This required managing multiple small to large internet implementations and maintaining adequate knowledge of each application.
- Extended development methodology to streamline repetitive events and allow the customer to publish information without developer involvement.
- Worked directly with customer in design requirements and as initial contact to help insulate the development team from the customer.
- Researched alternative delivery methods, including WAP and Acrobat.
1995 – 2000Manager of Research and Development
- Developed GVPi hosting service.
- Implemented a content management solution for use within the GVPi hosting service.
- Managed all development efforts within GVPi.
- Managed design and development of SecureCenter and AlertCenter tools for use in GVPi’s hosting service.
- Developed and standardized methods within GVPi to automate processing of customer information.This allowed fewer developers to work more effectively on more applications.
1991 – 1995Lead Developer
- Developed CD-ROM based search applications.
- Analyzed data and worked with customers to help provide better products.
- Wrote applications to programmatically process data.
- Researched methods to better install applications.