Bachelor of Science
Illinois State University
Bachelor of Science in Journalism at Illinois State University. Product Marketing Specialist at Mobile Mark, Inc.
As a Product Marketing Specialist at Mobile Mark, the responsibilities of my role include:
• Writing press releases, product pages, blogs and landing page content for the Mobile Mark corporate website in addition to researching relevant industry keywords.
• Updating and maintaining products on Magento based eCommerce platform.
• Organizing and attending trade shows throughout the year in a variety of US locations, showcasing new Mobile Mark products.
• Directing, shooting, writing, and editing video content to promote Mobile Mark news and product training.
• Editing product photos, graphics, and designing new market brochures and product specification documents using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Coordinating email blasts, maintaining new leads in a CRM database, and assisting the sales team in trade show follow up to generate new business for the company.
The Lake Park High School Educational Foundation provides resources to enhance student learning at Lake Park High School.
• Attended monthly board meetings to vote on the distribution of funds for grants, scholarships, extracurricular programs, and special needs programs.
• Assisted with graphic design and desktop publishing. Created flyers, programs, and promotional materials for fundraising events throughout the year.
• Reached out to local businesses to find potential sponsorship opportunities for the Foundation.
• Organized and attended fundraising events to generate revenue for student programs and activities that normally would not be funded by the school district.
• Helped create a new email marketing campaign and webinar content for Spectrum as a Google Partner Agency.
• Gained working knowledge of SEO, SEM, Responsive Web Design, keyword optimization, Google AdWords, HTML, CSS, and website architecture.
• Maintained a CRM database for thousands of current Spectrum clients and potential prospects.
• Consulted business owners over the phone about pain points with their existing SEO/web services.
• Producer and Web Admin for a small Chicago Area Catholic radio show. Created and maintained starter WordPress website and assisted with on-location recording in addition to booking guests on the show.
• Administrative Assistant for a medium-sized accounts receivable agency in the Indianapolis area. Assisted with document scanning, FACS data entry, and inbound debtor communications.
• Freelance reporter for syndicated newspaper in the Indianapolis Metro area. Covered local events, schools, and town hall meetings.
This training was part of a full-day seminar at Google Headquarters in Chicago. During the training, Google Agency Development Specialists gave insights and training on how to market SEO services following Google strategies and guidelines for search optimization.
This clearance was granted to me during an evaluation period while working as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Education under Premiere Credit of North America, LLC. 5C clearance allowed me to work with U.S. Department of Education loan documentation. The evaluation included several interviews with Federal Investigators who conducted thorough background checks to ensure that I was an ideal candidate for this particular Public Trust Position.
Links to my portfolio: