Bachelor of Science
Illinois State University
Bachelor of Science in Journalism at Illinois State University. Product Marketing Specialist at Mobile Mark, Inc.
As a part of the marketing department at Mobile Mark, my daily responsibilities include:
• Writing press releases, product pages, blogs and landing page content for the Mobile Mark corporate website.
• Researching search engine optimization, relevant industry keywords, and search traffic on the company website and applying it to written content.
• Organizing and attending trade shows throughout the year in a variety of US locations, showcasing new Mobile Mark products.
• Directing, shooting, writing, and editing video content to promote Mobile Mark news and product training.
• Editing product photos, graphics, and designing new market brochures and product specification documents using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Coordinating email blasts, maintaining new leads in a CRM database, and assisting the sales team in trade show follow up to generate new business for the company.
• Assisting the Director, Vice President, and C-level executive team with special projects such as annual planning meetings and company wide events.
• Helped create a new email marketing campaign and webinar content for Spectrum as a Google Partner Agency.
• Gained working knowledge of SEO, SEM, Responsive Web Design, keyword optimization, Google AdWords, HTML, CSS, and website architecture.
• Maintained a CRM database for thousands of current Spectrum clients and potential prospects.
• Consulted business owners over the phone about pain points with their existing SEO/web services.
• Contacted Catholic school principals and pastors to be booked on the show, created content based on each school that is featured.
• Created and maintained company Wordpress website and company Facebook. Improved the website to rank well on search engines like Google and Bing through organic SEO.
• Assisted during on location recording by setting up recording equipment and troubleshooting sound issues.
• Maintained a positive relationship with each school that was featured on the show, created positive publicity to promote enrollment in each featured school.
• Handled, processed, scanned, and entered data for confidential information including client and consumers' Social Security numbers in addition to warrant and account numbers for: Indiana Department of Revenue tax levies, wage garnishments, loan rehabilitation documents, bankruptcies, and Department of Education loans.
• Worked closely and corresponded with state, federal, and private agencies to make sure that information was processed and handled correctly following the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), ensuring that the company avoided lawsuits, revenue loss, and loss of clientele.
• Scanned time-sensitive documents into accounts across a variety of governmental directories using consumer collection database software (FACS).
• Freelance reporter for syndicated newspaper in the Indianapolis Metro area. Covered local events, schools, and town hall meetings.
This training was part of a full-day seminar at Google Headquarters in Chicago. During the training, Google Agency Development Specialists gave insights and training on how to market SEO services following Google strategies and guidelines for search optimization.
This clearance was granted to me during an evaluation period while working as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Education under Premiere Credit of North America, LLC. 5C clearance allowed me to work with U.S. Department of Education loan documentation. The evaluation included several interviews with Federal Investigators who conducted thorough background checks to ensure that I was an ideal candidate for this particular Public Trust Position.
Links to my portfolio:
Catholic School Spirit Radio Show Wordpress:
Hendricks County Flyer
•ACTA J-News story archived: http://web.archive.org/web/20130217154936/http://communication.illinoisstate.edu/jnews/news/stories_news/ACTA.html